PDA

View Full Version : Rant to the drivers out there...

theone
27-Feb-10, 01:39
... Who insist on driving with their front fog lights on at all times.

It's against the law!

It's bad enough normally with the boy racers in town, but with the shine off the snow tonight going to Glasgow it was a real distraction.

Also......

Check your bulbs. I lost count how many cars passed me with one of their dipped beams out.

Rant over!

Jeid
27-Feb-10, 03:42
Min, I ken. I get pretty annoyed with that carry on.

Fog lights ftmfl

northener
27-Feb-10, 11:10
But I look so cool with my foglights on.:~(

ducati
27-Feb-10, 11:31
But I look so cool with my foglights on.:~(

It rears that drive me mad you can't see to overtake particularly if it is foggy

octane
27-Feb-10, 14:53
It rears that drive me mad you can't see to overtake particularly if it is foggy

Eh...... ^^^^^ thats the whole point of having fogs on......when its foggy

cemmts
27-Feb-10, 15:07
I have been told many times my front fog lights are on !!! My car by default has lower and upper retractable lights all operate on side, dip and main beam. Some people just jump the gun

ducati
27-Feb-10, 15:20
Eh...... ^^^^^ thats the whole point of having fogs on......when its foggy

I-R-O-N-Y :eek:

Kathy@watten
27-Feb-10, 15:25
Yep a personal hate of mine too, was blinded other night by pleb out with blackpool illuminations on his little noisy car. Thought cars now were to sound quieter (I sometimes hop in my car and attempt to start it, just to find it is on and doesn't like the key being raxxed round again) why have a noisy exhaust? must make long journeys a bit much, and having your ass scraped along the floor in a lowered and stiffened corsa can't be fun....or am I getting old?

domino
27-Feb-10, 18:01
Unnecessary boys toys, most of the time

ducati
27-Feb-10, 18:37
Unnecessary boys toys, most of the time

No such thing. All boys toys are necessary :cool:

theone
27-Feb-10, 18:47
I have been told many times my front fog lights are on !!! My car by default has lower and upper retractable lights all operate on side, dip and main beam. Some people just jump the gun

What kind of car is that? Surely they can't be as bright as fog lights when your side lights are on?

cemmts
27-Feb-10, 22:18
What kind of car is that? Surely they can't be as bright as fog lights when your side lights are on?

Factory main beam

http://i46.tinypic.com/fwpu68.jpg

Kevin Milkins
27-Feb-10, 22:21
Factory main beam

Handy for mowing the lawn though.:roll:

theone
27-Feb-10, 22:49
Factory main beam

Thanks, but you said these operate with your side lights only?

Main beam is different, you can have 6 fog lights on with your main beam. Side lights/dipped are different.

What type of car?

cemmts
27-Feb-10, 22:59
Porsche

Lower lights by defalt come on with side lights.

Yes side lights and dipped beam are indeed different :)

highland red
27-Feb-10, 23:00
I know what you mean about fog lamps. To be honest I put mine on for the first time in ages coming back from Thurso one day last week: got caught in a really bad white out/ blizzard and struggled to see ANYTHING in front but was more concerned about someone running up my backside as I had reduced my speed.

I know it's not fog but it certainly felt like it.

theone
28-Feb-10, 00:00
Porsche

Lower lights by defalt come on with side lights.

Yes side lights and dipped beam are indeed different :)

That's an interesting one.

I assume the side lights are those 'outside' at the bottom?

I don't doubt you, it just seems strange you can't have those on without the the others.

theone
28-Feb-10, 00:02
I know what you mean about fog lamps. To be honest I put mine on for the first time in ages coming back from Thurso one day last week: got caught in a really bad white out/ blizzard and struggled to see ANYTHING in front but was more concerned about someone running up my backside as I had reduced my speed.

I know it's not fog but it certainly felt like it.

Putting your rear fog lights on in a blizzard isn't my rant, it's those blinding me coming towards me on a clear night.

If in doubt, put them on by all means. I just get annoyed with people having them on for no reason.

2little2late
28-Feb-10, 00:05
Quite agree. Boy racers etc. must think fog lights are a fashion accessory.
If visibility is 100 metres or less then fog lights should be switched on. But then we are in Caithness, the land of crappy drivers.

Amowat
28-Feb-10, 11:12
I know running with front or rear fog lights on if visibility is not below 100m is illegal but what about the countless cretins you see in poor light/conditions with no lights on at all. Which is worse? At least the boy racers can be seen! It`s about time something was done about the idiots with no lights on who put themselves and others in danger.

Mik.M.
28-Feb-10, 12:44
I know running with front or rear fog lights on if visibility is not below 100m is illegal but what about the countless cretins you see in poor light/conditions with no lights on at all. Which is worse? At least the boy racers can be seen! It`s about time something was done about the idiots with no lights on who put themselves and others in danger.
That would involve the police doing something.It ain`t gonna happen,the same as people using the phone still or not wearing a seatbelt or driving with the dog on thier shoulder(red fiesta) or lap(various others).Police never see them.Easier to park up and catch speeders.

Phill
28-Feb-10, 12:56
.....or driving with the dog on thier shoulder(red fiesta) or lap(various others).Police never see them.Easier to park up and catch speeders.

I've bin trying to get the dog to do the steering f'me, I do the pedals like.
That way I can write notes while I'm in the phone.....

:eek:

ss.sv650
28-Feb-10, 14:01
Quite agree. Boy racers etc. must think fog lights are a fashion accessory.
If visibility is 100 metres or less then fog lights should be switched on. But then we are in Caithness, the land of crappy drivers.

correct but you fogot to add also within the 30 mph signs in town.

fixed penelty notice would soon sort the problem out