PDA

View Full Version : unscrepulious dog owners

zarapopet
26-Feb-10, 22:57
:( :( my son arrived home after work tonight to be told his sisters rabbit was killed by two pitbull like dogs .
they jumped over the fince and broke into harveys cage and killed him.
did the owners of the dogs come and appologise . of course they did'nt they know who they are . if it was there sisters rabbit i bet theyd have some thing to say or worse.
rip harvey

slinky
26-Feb-10, 23:01
so sad sorry to hear i hate those dogs devil dogs , get on to dog control make complaint

Dadie
26-Feb-10, 23:19
Its not just pitbull type dogs that do things like this!
I had this happen twice.
Once when I was 5 and it was a lab .. big black dog...upturned the run and killed my rabbit.
The pet dogs at home (still living at home with mum and dad) got into the hutch/run ripped my rabbit to bits and they were springer spaniels.
Heartbreaking :cry:

Rictina
26-Feb-10, 23:24
Oh thats awfull, how sad.

RIR
27-Feb-10, 00:17
My sympathies.

But there is no such thing as a bad dog; just a bad owner.

Bring back a dog licence - and enforce it.

Ian.

unicorn
27-Feb-10, 00:21
What a terrible thing to happen, I hope you have reported it to the relevant authorities. This is an incident that needs dealt with as it could happen again.

bullielove
27-Feb-10, 00:40
I am sorry to hear that about Harvey - they must report this to the police, dogs cant be allowed to run wild and kill defenceless animals

so sad sorry to hear i hate those dogs devil dogs , get on to dog control make complaint

Slinky - Im sorry but .. Devil dogs indeed :roll:! There is no such thing as a devil dog just irresponsible owners, we all know who they are

Staffordshire bull terriers were nicknamed the nanny dog for their loyalty to children and they make excellent family pets, do some research before tarring them all with the same brush

If you were to look at statistics for dangerous dogs then the most dangerous is the dacshund - research found that one in five have bitten or tried to bite strangers, a similar number have attacked other dogs and one in 12 have snapped at their owners. The next dangerous breeds are the chihuahua and the jack russell.. Now I dont hear them being called devil dogs probably because they are small - but the stats speak for themselves.

At the end of the day Im a firm believer in punish the deed and not the breed, its such a shame some folk cant see the bigger picture.

I really hope this crime is reported as dogs cannot be allowed to run wild like that especially now it is known what they are capable of. RIP Harvey:~(:~(

Rictina
27-Feb-10, 00:44
I agree with RIR, bring back a dog licence and enforce it.

As an owner of three german shepherd dogs, I consider myself a responsible owner & I say bring back the dog licence or something similar.

Sarah
27-Feb-10, 01:12
I am sorry to hear that :( RIP little bun.

I am sorry to hear that about Harvey - they must report this to the police, dogs cant be allowed to run wild and kill defenceless animals

Slinky - Im sorry but .. Devil dogs indeed :roll:! There is no such thing as a devil dog just irresponsible owners, we all know who they are

Staffordshire bull terriers were nicknamed the nanny dog for their loyalty to children and they make excellent family pets, do some research before tarring them all with the same brush

If you were to look at statistics for dangerous dogs then the most dangerous is the dacshund - research found that one in five have bitten or tried to bite strangers, a similar number have attacked other dogs and one in 12 have snapped at their owners. The next dangerous breeds are the chihuahua and the jack russell.. Now I dont hear them being called devil dogs probably because they are small - but the stats speak for themselves.

At the end of the day Im a firm believer in punish the deed and not the breed, its such a shame some folk cant see the bigger picture.

I really hope this crime is reported as dogs cannot be allowed to run wild like that especially now it is known what they are capable of. RIP Harvey:~(

Very well put. It's the owners, not the breed!

teenybash
27-Feb-10, 01:19
So sad about the bunny..............owners are at fault here, not dogs. No such thing as devil dogs, just very irresponsible owners not keeping them under control.

slinky
27-Feb-10, 04:05

Slinky - Im sorry but .. Devil dogs indeed ! There is no such thing as a devil dog just irresponsible owners, we all know who they are

I really hope this crime is reported as dogs cannot be allowed to run wild like that especially now it is known what they are capable of. RIP Harvey:~(im training a jack pup right now and i can honestley say hes a star :) so vice versa to u . lol i just dont like them ie cause most people who have them for status reasons and not trained right so i il take back wot i say im with u on the upbringing of the dog :)

zarapopet
27-Feb-10, 10:20
i agree with you all its not the dogs fault its the owners but i know them and saw what they did but unfortunatley i am afraid for myself and the lad whoms rabbit it was as these are not folk you could report due to repocussions. very tough lot think most of wick know whom they are , the poor lad hasnt even been in the street 6months so very quiet.
its a bloody shame.

unicorn
27-Feb-10, 10:26
I know it's a bit late but I always advise people to change the flimsy catches on hutches to hasps and padlocks and replace the wire with stronger guage wire. It at least gives the inhabitant of the hutch a chance for someone to save it.

zarapopet
27-Feb-10, 14:02
why should we as if they are made for out side then the wire should be strong enough as they cost enough .the rabbit was in a sheltered place and in a private garden .
these dogs should never have been let out on there own anyway.
they should be with there owners .
if they were decent enough, they could have come and appologised .[evil]

Sarah
27-Feb-10, 16:45
Hutch locks are often flimsy (despite the price), usually poor quality, a lot of them do not last a rabbits lifetime. My hutches all have bolts on them, very safe, and fox proof.

I too would recommend everyone with hutches take a look at their locks. They are simply enough to replace.