PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate names....

Green_not_greed
26-Feb-10, 20:47
Forget Omas McGuinness and Yehudi McEwan. Try Stan Still, Paige Turner and Hazel Nutt.

Really!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7909561.stm

Enjoy!

GNG

Amy-Winehouse
26-Feb-10, 23:12
Adam Nutter & Thereza Nutter used to live in Wick, there names always brought a chuckle

annemarie482
26-Feb-10, 23:16
a pal of mine went to college with a

ms fridge-aitikenhead!

also

read a story in a mag bout a girl who's surname was "Goodinbed" she changed it by deedpole when she turned 18. many years of teasing though

LRM
26-Feb-10, 23:18
there is a lot of ts in Orkney!!!!!!!!!!

joxville
26-Feb-10, 23:20
I think the best one was in The Sun in 2007, of the couple that called their son Drew Peacock. [lol]

LRM
26-Feb-10, 23:20
Oh dear, in the above post I am trying to say the surname Watt with a T on the front (must be a classed as a swear word)

LRM
26-Feb-10, 23:21
I think the best one was in The Sun in 2007, of the couple that called their son Drew Peacock. [lol]

Have also heard of a Chris Peacock

Kenn
26-Feb-10, 23:22
Used to have a customer at the shop called Mr Shufflebottom and when I worked at a bank had one called Mr Eftichiou,I reduced the manager to a fit of giggles one day when I told him there was a Mr Atishoo on the phone for him.

Dadie
26-Feb-10, 23:24
Its not just names that can be embarassing. initials can be just as bad!
It was difficult choosing names for my 3 kids as with a y for the last initial the bad combinations seemed to outweigh the ok!
ps ther initials are LGY, IRY and EDY
so not bad!

ducati
26-Feb-10, 23:37
It was difficult choosing names for my 3 kids as with a y for the last initial the bad combinations seemed to outweigh the ok!
so not bad!

Used to live in a village with an outfit called the Tarbrax & Woolford Amateur Theatrical Society

And they were :lol:

Green_not_greed
27-Feb-10, 00:07
LRM

I understood your message - its also a town in Orkney with one of the most photographed signs in the UK!

DopeyDan
27-Feb-10, 00:14
And it was also one of the most stolen signs, until they put up this new that merged it with the sign for the main road.

http://www7.picfront.org/picture/zv16BihPX/thb/sign.jpg

2little2late
27-Feb-10, 00:20
Why did Mr. and Mrs. Janus name their son Hugh?

joxville
27-Feb-10, 01:33
I forgot about that one. There was a Chris Peacock that used to read the news on the local ITV station, TVS (now Meridian), down here years ago. :D

bobbyrussell09
27-Feb-10, 01:37
well if i had a daughter i would go for somthing different like leaves ,i always used to say to ma bro in law an sis when they had a girl call her summer .the funny thing was there last name was halliday

joxville
27-Feb-10, 02:20
My name itself isn't funny but I wish I had a quid for eveytime I've heard, 'Did you/he hurt himself?' Or the countless rhyming words of my surname.

Should you meet me I am Joe Fell. Don't try to be funny, I've heard it all in my 44 years. :roll:

bobbyrussell09
27-Feb-10, 02:28
i almost got called kurt if thats funny ,mind you some mates already do call me kurt

Metalattakk
27-Feb-10, 02:56
There's a guy works in Skins as a bouncer called Christopher Bacon. Apparently his middle name is Peter.

He's Chris P. Bacon.
C'mon now folks, I couldn't make it up! :D

bobbyrussell09
27-Feb-10, 03:12
There's a guy works in Skins as a bouncer called Christopher Bacon. Apparently his middle name is Peter.

He's Chris P. Bacon.
C'mon now folks, I couldn't make it up! :D
il be ere on sat night il have to ask that

jm.mack
27-Feb-10, 09:40
There was a guy who worked for the same company as me called Robert Swash who signed his name R. Swash! Also another guy I used to speak to through work was called Ewan Kerr.

These are genuine! Don't know if the parents had a sense of humour or just failed to notice the potential for a lot of banter in later years!!!!

Ricco
27-Feb-10, 09:47
I once taught a boy whose parents, in some bizarre loss of sanity decided to name him as Karl.

Oh, yes... their surname was Ling. :eek:

Errogie
27-Feb-10, 10:00
I used to work for an organisation that had an employee called Eddie Idle and a receptionist who went by the name of Ena Rush. It's true, but even worse was a colleague who swore that he went to school with Isaac Hunt!

starflower
27-Feb-10, 10:03
A few in the county Willie Work, Campbell Baxter (two soups) Robin Banks, Sandy Beach

joxville
27-Feb-10, 12:15
A few in the county Willie Work, Campbell Baxter (two soups) Robin Banks, Sandy Beach

Willie Work is the name of one of my ex-wifes relations. Ironically, he lost both testes to cancer.

golach
27-Feb-10, 12:24
one of my fellow Customs Officer's wife named their first born Hamish Alexander Stuart H.............., not a good idea, he took a long time to live that one down [lol]

Mr Z
27-Feb-10, 22:17
On a night out in Inverness a few years back we met this guy called Willie Skinner. My mate immediately asked him if that was his name or occupation!!!

Fluff
27-Feb-10, 22:23
There is some poor kid in the UK who has the 1st name of Nokia! daft flippin parents

changilass
27-Feb-10, 22:24
Not a persons name but a place.

Our doctors surgery down in Keighley was at Kilmeny House.

2little2late
27-Feb-10, 22:28
There was a guy who worked for the same company as me called Robert Swash who signed his name R. Swash! Also another guy I used to speak to through work was called Ewan Kerr.

These are genuine! Don't know if the parents had a sense of humour or just failed to notice the potential for a lot of banter in later years!!!!
??????????????

2little2late
27-Feb-10, 22:29
Sure it's not Baxter Campbell?

Kevin Milkins
27-Feb-10, 22:38
And it was also one of the most stolen signs, until they put up this new that merged it with the sign for the main road.

Who me?, I never touched your bliddy sign.:roll:
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/05_15_62.jpg?t=1267306511

shazzap
27-Feb-10, 22:41
My son in law is called Michael Jackson.

Mik.M.
28-Feb-10, 10:40
My name itself isn't funny but I wish I had a quid for eveytime I've heard, 'Did you/he hurt himself?' Or the countless rhyming words of my surname.

Should you meet me I am Joe Fell. Don't try to be funny, I've heard it all in my 44 years. :roll:
I`ll just stick to calling you "The Tarmac Fairy" then. Mik;)

mums angels
28-Feb-10, 14:19
so not bad!

I had never actually given too much thought to what the initials would make until i had my fourth .. i really wanted her middle name to be Louise because it sounded nice with her first name but because my eldest daughter had it already we decided on something else but for some reason i still called her Emma-lou as a nick name but then come Christmas i was sitting in the kids school church service and they were talking about christmas things and it suddenly hit me that if we had called her Emma Louise her initials would spell ELF so i was so pleased that we didnt for her sake lol .. however i still call her emma-lou .. her initials are actually EMF which isnt as bad .. the others are ZLF PAF and JAF .
I used to find the best way to pick a kids name is get really mad and shout all 3 names up the stairs and if it rolls of the tounge you have a winner .the only time my kids hear thier middle names is when they are in BIG trouble lol .

spurtle
28-Feb-10, 14:30
There is a skier called Kurt (?) Pranger competing at Whistler just now. Went both sides of a gate just to live up to the name. There is another called Andy Kapp.

joxville
28-Feb-10, 14:52
I had never actually given too much thought to what the initials would make until i had my fourth .. i really wanted her middle name to be Louise because it sounded nice with her first name but because my eldest daughter had it already we decided on something else but for some reason i still called her Emma-lou as a nick name but then come Christmas i was sitting in the kids school church service and they were talking about christmas things and it suddenly hit me that if we had called her Emma Louise her initials would spell ELF so i was so pleased that we didnt for her sake lol .. however i still call her emma-lou .. her initials are actually EMF which isnt as bad .. the others are ZLF PAF and JAF .
I used to find the best way to pick a kids name is get really mad and shout all 3 names up the stairs and if it rolls of the tounge you have a winner .the only time my kids hear thier middle names is when they are in BIG trouble lol .

My younger sister is Elizabeth Lindsay, she went from being an ELF to an ELM when she married. (BTW, she weighs about 16 stones :eek:)

[lol]

brandy
28-Feb-10, 15:07
i use to work with a young boy named Peter Cockburn.. and there was times that i couldnt look at him without giggling. one day i sat down with him and told him what Peter meant in America in relation to boys.. and that when i see his name i couldnt help but giggle! i would always mess up on the tanoy and call out Peter Cockburn even though it was pronounced colburn.. ahhh bless!! and hes such a lovley boy as well!!

Fluff
28-Feb-10, 15:20
I take it Peter is used in a rude way in America then?

brandy
28-Feb-10, 15:33
no not in a rude way.. *grins* but for example.. my little boy calls his boy bits his peter.. its very common back home.. a girls would be a tootsie and a boy has a peter.

Fluff
28-Feb-10, 16:28
lol, ok. Tootsie, thats kind of cute

Yoda the flump
28-Feb-10, 16:59
Hansi Flick, the German football team assistant coach!

My kids don't get it.:)

ter21wat
28-Feb-10, 18:01

Well my name is Miss T Watt or t watt as my friends affectionately call me!! My grandad had alway told me that our surname had originally been t watt until my great-great grandad changed it to Watt, which I didnt believe until I traced my family tree and found it to be true!! Then my mother called me Theresa so now im still known as T watt lol!! :lol: [lol]

Sage
28-Feb-10, 18:06
We had a teacher at school called Chris Breeze.....was never known by his Christian name...just C Breeze :lol:

ter21wat
28-Feb-10, 18:07
Gee wizz Mods surely we can say the word T.W.A.T.T seeing as its a surname and a place name????

Bazeye
28-Feb-10, 18:44
Storeman at work, Ivor Pounder.

Bazeye
28-Feb-10, 18:45
German footballer, Stefan Kuntz.

Mystical Potato Head
28-Feb-10, 19:34
Wayne Kerr has a brother called Joe.
Rose Bush.
Will Power.
Lee King.
And a famous Canadian Lumberjack...Tim Burr.

girnigoe
28-Feb-10, 19:39
Wayne Kerr has a brother called Joe.

Good job he aint got one called Wan!!! :)

Bazeye
28-Feb-10, 19:42

Hes got a Spanish cousin called Juan though.

Mystical Potato Head
28-Feb-10, 19:42

Face/Palm........say Wayne Kerr quickly several times.

girnigoe
28-Feb-10, 19:49
Face/Palm........say Wayne Kerr quickly several times.

Still doesnt have the same ring to it as "Juan" (thanks Bazeye for the spelling)!!

Metalattakk
28-Feb-10, 22:41
Hansi Flick, the German football team assistant coach!

My kids don't get it.:)

Och, German football has plenty.

How about the former manager of Wolfsburg: Wolfgang Wolf.

Then there's the 1974 World Cup winning manager of West Germany: Helmut Schoen.

Invisible
28-Feb-10, 23:05
I've heard of a Robert Sleigh I think he is considering the winter Olympics

oldmarine
01-Mar-10, 03:21
so not bad!

Yep initials can be troublesome. How about MBS? Not just BS but More of it.

Aaldtimer
01-Mar-10, 04:03
There was that player that Celtic signed...Scheidt...he was...and didn't stay long as I recall! ;)

LRM
01-Mar-10, 08:52
my cousin (Mrs More) always joked if she had a boy she would call him Lorne

Sara Jevo
01-Mar-10, 19:23
I knew a Marianna Foster who got married to Brian Trench.

George Brims
01-Mar-10, 20:33
Oh dear, in the above post I am trying to say the surname Watt with a T on the front (must be a classed as a swear word)
That's pretty silly considering it's the name of a village and also of a lot of people just across the Firth in Orkney.

George Brims
01-Mar-10, 20:38
There is a skier called Kurt (?) Pranger competing at Whistler just now. Went both sides of a gate just to live up to the name. There is another called Andy Kapp.
I got telt off by the Mrs for exclaiming "Pranger pranged!"

John Little
01-Mar-10, 21:02
Well these lads gave their all for King and country - but their parents should have been put on trial for cruelty...
http://www.cwgc.org/search/SearchResults.aspx?surname=ankers&initials=w&war=0&yearfrom=1900&yearto=2000&force=&nationality=&send.x=42&send.y=8

scorrie
02-Mar-10, 00:11
Fresh from the Winter Olympics is Ski Jumper:-

http://www.andreaswank.de/

His surname is pronounced Vaunk.

Bazeye
02-Mar-10, 01:42
The Asian karaoke champion, Grupta Singh.

annthracks
02-Mar-10, 16:12

I knew a Dave Peacock in Poole, his cousin Chris worked for the BBC
IIRC

annthracks
02-Mar-10, 16:15

There's a place called t watt in Shetland as well (turn off the main road north near Voe I think)

annthracks
02-Mar-10, 16:18
so not bad!

yep, 2 of mine ended up with PAY and DRY

calish6
02-Mar-10, 21:28
There is a chap in the county - Tommy Gunn. Thought that was quite funny until I worked with a Mr Ken Dick.
He didn't mind being called that and would give a row if I dared call him Kenneth.

Did hear a while back ther is a man in New Zealand called Mr Itchyanus.

susan.leith
02-Mar-10, 23:10
There's a shop in King's Road, London which sells the most wonderful cowboy boots. I bought a pair last year - they were amazing, but I really just wanted to get a carrier bag from the shop........it's called R Soles.

http://www.rsoles.com/

Also heard of a little girl called Sophie Sharp .......watch that knife, it's Sophie Sharp!!

George Brims
03-Mar-10, 00:49
Keep meaning to weigh in on this thread. Just a couple of examples from a past job. We had a young bloke called Justin Case, and our electrical engineer was called Doug Sparks.

horseman
03-Mar-10, 01:41
Cannot get any funnys up myself, but many thanks for the super chuckels that came up:lol:

Tilter
03-Mar-10, 02:02
I used to work with a Mr Richard Fidler, who insisted his first name not be abbreviated.

My daughter went to an American school and her counsellor used to phone me to moan about her, but I could never speak to him without laughing my head off. I cannot put his name on here. He was Dr. W..... Perhaps the word has no meaning in the States? Brandy, where are you?

Aaldtimer
03-Mar-10, 04:05
The guy I always felt sorry for in 67/68 at RAF Scampton, seemed to be always on the roster for Runway Snow Clearance duties LAC Hailstones...true, honest!:confused

Kevin Milkins
03-Mar-10, 09:36
My first "account manager" at Barclays bank was a Mr Cheatam, there was never a more true saying than "Cheatam by name and Cheatam by nature".

upolian
03-Mar-10, 09:45
i remember a thread a while back on another forum

kirstin doubledee was 1 ill never forget i [lol]'d

Sage
03-Mar-10, 10:09
for your delectation...

In Whitby there are (or were) Drs by the name of Blood, Bone & Fester, and yes they worked together in their own surgery :lol:

Bazeye
03-Mar-10, 14:44
Think it was in the 90s when Charlton Athletic had three players in their line up called Fish, Costa and Fortune.

Leanne
03-Mar-10, 15:35
for your delectation...

In Whitby there are (or were) Drs by the name of Blood, Bone & Fester, and yes they worked together in their own surgery :lol:

There is a consultant working in Manchester called Dr Death (pronounced Day Ath).

Green_not_greed
03-Mar-10, 17:00
My first "account manager" at Barclays bank was a Mr Cheatam, there was never a more true saying than "Cheatam by name and Cheatam by nature".

Perhaps he's an MP now?

Some great names on here folks - thanks for the response.

GNG

ducati
03-Mar-10, 17:03
You won't believe this but I swear on a stack of £10 notes that high..

My Sister in law lives in New England has a friend called Dee Dee-Married Mr Dada. Divorced Married Mr Beech and you guessed it had a daughter; Sandy.

upolian
03-Mar-10, 17:05

My Sister in law lives in New England has a friend called Dee Dee-Married Mr Dada. Divorced Married Mr Beech and you guessed it had a daughter; Sandy.

sandy beach = class[lol][lol]

George Brims
03-Mar-10, 22:11

That reminds me of the last edition of our printed campus directory (we've gone digital now so you can't find a phone number if your computer isn't on). You know how pages in directories have the first and last names on the page in bold at the top to help you find them (Smith-Smythe for example)? Well one of our pages is headed Ding-Dong! Not only that, there are three Dings and four Dongs at the beginning and end of the page.

John Little
03-Mar-10, 22:23
I'm not so fortunate myself. My name actually is Little. But I am 6 foot 4 inches- and I have heard it all. In the Miller academy I was the first lad in my class in long trousers and got a lot of stick for it.... and the weather up here is just the same as doon there shortie!