PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye from me

Fran
26-Feb-10, 17:40
i have put this on before but it has been removed. i would like to thank all the nice orgers for your company over the past years, especially over a very bad time in my life, and for making me laugh. i have enjoyed your company very much.
I had better not say anymore as i dont want another infraction, this is all because of my "dangerous and irresponsible" post about a forklift driving in the snow the other night.
My friends on here have my email address so we can keep in touch.
I have complained and intend to appeal but i don't think it will get me anywhere. goodbye. Fran

shazzap
26-Feb-10, 17:47
What do you mean?
Are you being banned off the Org?

peedie man
26-Feb-10, 17:51
Please don't go Fran you are one of the most sensible on here

Amy-Winehouse
26-Feb-10, 18:10
Tara then, £5 says you will be back next week. I reckon your being persecuted in the mean time ,

Kathy@watten
26-Feb-10, 18:10
Fran just because you have incurred an infarction don't take it to heart, your posts are kind and well intended unlike some. You will be missed if you do go!

slinky
26-Feb-10, 18:17
close e door behind ye

DopeyDan
26-Feb-10, 18:18
Tara then, £5 says you will be back next week. I reckon your an attention seeker but if yer not close the doorafter you pass through it :roll::Razz

I've not been around here enough to know the ins-and-outs of who's who (although some clearly do wear imbicility as a badge of honour) I get the impression that this poster has good reason to feel aggrieved.

He/she warned road users of a hazard, and got put on the naughty step.

Work that one out.

Lady In Bed
26-Feb-10, 18:19
I thought the days of the Jackboot was over. There still seems to be a pair left and one of them is protruding from Frans rear end, placed their by some mod!
Come on Bill, you are better than this. Fran was doing us all a service by letting us know the dangers on the road and she gets punnished for it????
I am awaiting the matching boot![evil]

Amy-Winehouse
26-Feb-10, 18:22
I've not been around here enough to know the ins-and-outs of who's who (although some clearly do wear imbicility as a badge of honour) I get the impression that this poster has good reason to feel aggrieved.

He/she warned road users of a hazard, and got put on the naughty step.

Work that one out.

Ridiculous isnt it ??? I have just read the post & to be frank , some on here should get out more.

Fran MUST Stay:D

badger
26-Feb-10, 18:24
Two nasty posts on here from people who obviously haven't known Fran as long as many of us. I don't know her personally but it's obvious from her posts that she is a kind caring person who will be a great loss to the Forum. Heated argument in a thread is one thing, unpleasant ignorant remarks are quite another.

Mik.M.
26-Feb-10, 18:27
Infractions are all part of the fun,I`ve not had one for ages though.Don`t take any of this Org lark too seriously.Over zealous power crazy mods can spoil things but generally things get sorted out in the end.Mik.

annemarie482
26-Feb-10, 18:30
i got an infraction 2 days ago for bumping an old thread......lol
still mopping up my tears lol:lol:

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-10, 18:33
Oh Fran please dont go! :~( You will be missed too much!

ducati
26-Feb-10, 18:38
Infractions are all part of the fun,I`ve not had one for ages though.Don`t take any of this Org lark too seriously.Over zealous power crazy mods can spoil things but generally things get sorted out in the end.Mik.

That's another one for you then mik :eek:

If I left every time I got an infraction.....well I'd have left :confused

Nil Illegitimi Carborundum Fran, don't go :Razz

ducati
26-Feb-10, 18:40
i got an infraction 2 days ago for bumping an old thread......lol
still mopping up my tears lol:lol:

Look, you have 3 green blocks now that'll dry your eyes

annemarie482
26-Feb-10, 18:45
certainly did ducati! :lol:
tears of joy now lol

laguna2
26-Feb-10, 18:49
I am always sorry when an orger decides that they have had enough and are leaving.

Indeed, one of my orger friends made this decision.

I am sure that Fran has not made this decision lightly and perhaps in the future she will decide to return.

Bye for now Fran ...

Hoida
26-Feb-10, 18:59
So sorry Fran to hear yoy have decided to leave the org. I don't know you as I am fairly new but have always thought you spoke a lot of sense. I do hope you will reconsider :(

Lavenderblue2
26-Feb-10, 19:28
i would like to thank all the nice orgers for your company over the past years, especially over a very bad time in my life, and for making me laugh. i have enjoyed your company very much.
Fran

Don't worry about this infraction Fran, just take heed then forget about it. I got one a wee while ago would you believe!! I was very embarrassed at the time but it's all in the past now. :)

You have said in the above quote that the Org has been good for you so cheer up and stay!!

porshiepoo
26-Feb-10, 19:28
i have put this on before but it has been removed. i would like to thank all the nice orgers for your company over the past years, especially over a very bad time in my life, and for making me laugh. i have enjoyed your company very much.
I had better not say anymore as i dont want another infraction, this is all because of my "dangerous and irresponsible" post about a forklift driving in the snow the other night.
My friends on here have my email address so we can keep in touch.
I have complained and intend to appeal but i don't think it will get me anywhere. goodbye. Fran

Seriously Fran, don't do it!

I've just read parts of that thread and couldn't resist replying. You know what this place can be like sometimes.
Your opinion is as valid as the next persons, there was no malice in your post and actually warned other road users of a possible danger. Many other people had done exactly the same in other ways.

I for one would hate to see you leave. You're a long time orger and have been a pleasure to interact with.

DON'T DO IT. Infraction smaction, who cares! We all know you're opinion came from a good place.

girnigoe
26-Feb-10, 19:30
OK Im confuseddotcom!! Why on earth would Fran have got an infraction for the dangerous and irresponsible thread??? Nothing on it I could see....

Fran.. Dont go!! What i have discovered about this forum is that there is ALWAYS someone waiting to shoot u down thats why i dont post very often. I like your posts there alway very lightsome :)

Bazeye
26-Feb-10, 19:40
Why do people feel they have to make an announcement when theyre leaving ? If I ever decided to leave the Org I just wouldnt post anymore.:confused

joxville
26-Feb-10, 19:43
Why do people feel they have to make an announcement when theyre leaving ? If I ever decided to leave the Org I just wouldnt post anymore.:confused

As much as I'm sorry to see Fran leave, I do agree with you. If you do have to announce it then why not close the thread immediately, people can pm the poster instead to say goodbye?

shazzap
26-Feb-10, 19:46
Don't leave over an infraction. I have had one as have many on here.

poppett
26-Feb-10, 19:47
Hope you will decide to do your time on the naughty step and keep on posting, Fran.

You (and some other orgers) were a good support to me through difficult times and although we may never meet I would like to think we were virtual friends.

I have had unjust penalty points in my time, but just took it on the chin and got on with it.

George Brims
26-Feb-10, 19:51
Don't leave over an infraction. I have had one as have many on here.
I had one for doing what I thought was the right thing, blanking out some letters on a swear word. Next time I'll just ing swear!

Hey look, the thing automatically blanks out the letters now!--------------------------------------------------------------^

laguna2
26-Feb-10, 19:56
As much as I'm sorry to see Fran leave, I do agree with you. If you do have to announce it then why not close the thread immediately, people can pm the poster instead to say goodbye?

I must admit that I have to agree with you jox!

unicorn
26-Feb-10, 20:10
I have never understood goodbye posts, it always seems like a plea to me or a double check to make sure people take notice.
I think it is sad when people feel the need to leave but I cringe at goodbye posts.

northener
26-Feb-10, 20:17
Cabin Fever is a terrible thing....

Do what I do when I get hacked off with this place, Fran. Just go away for a few weeks and then come back when you want.

I'll lend you the wheelie bin if you want;)

annthracks
26-Feb-10, 20:38

Hehehe, good luck with this one mick

Green_not_greed
26-Feb-10, 20:40
Fran

I'd agree with most here and am sorry to see you go. I had an infraction last night after posting a link to a South Park song with a warning underneath that it did contain some bad language. Without the warning I would probably have gotten away with it. The Mods seem to be driving people away by their behaviour. What a bunch of winkers they are ! ;)

Billy Boy
26-Feb-10, 20:41
I have never understood goodbye posts, it always seems like a plea to me or a double check to make sure people take notice.
I think it is sad when people feel the need to leave but I cringe at goodbye posts.

I think you hit the nail on the head there! It's definitely a Ego thing, And here was me thinkin that it's was just us men that needed our ego's stroked occasional :lol:

teenybash
26-Feb-10, 20:44
Fran, I truly hope you change your mind and stay, putting thoughts of this ott infraction out of your mind.
Please reconsider as there would be many of us who would miss you if you do decide to leave.
I have met you and can honestly say you are one of the nicest souls, with a heart full of good intentions..........stay a while and keep sharing with us and us with you.

Mik.M.
26-Feb-10, 21:08
Hehehe, good luck with this one mick
Cheers Phil.

Angela
26-Feb-10, 21:14
Do what I do when I get hacked off with this place, Fran. Just go away for a few weeks and then come back when you want.

I do that too, northener. It's only a forum - nothing to stop folk taking a break and coming back when they feel like it.....unless they're been banned....:eek:

People who decide to leave and act on that decision tend to simply fade quietly away....

cuddlepop
26-Feb-10, 22:52
I cant believe you got an infraction for posting your "beware" thread.:(

Sometimes this forum leaves me speachless.:roll:

You'll be missed.:~(

ywindythesecond
27-Feb-10, 00:23
I can't see what the problem with the post was. Can anyone enlighten me?

EDDIE
27-Feb-10, 10:30
Im very suprised at fran getting a infraction frans a consistantly good poster and the org needs that the powers at be should have rethink on that if possible

upolian
27-Feb-10, 10:36
the personal comment fired at me was the reason for the infraction,im not bringing the subject back up publicly,if people want to know whats going on feel free to pm me :)

27-Feb-10, 10:38
Thread closed as this has stopped being about wishing Fran well in the future and turned into a question of infractions.

Infractions are between the user and the moderation team, they are not for discussion on the boards. In most cases, where an infraction has been issued, the post/s in question are removed, therefore not identifying a user as having been infracted.