PDA

View Full Version : fellow musicians

nikki
14-May-06, 20:11
i've been waiting around for ages now waiting for a band to beg for me to join them, but somehow don't think that's going to happen. was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who wanted to get together for a jamming session, maybe start a band.

Chobbersjnr
14-May-06, 20:20
[quote=nikki]i've been waiting around for ages now waiting for a band to beg for me to join them-----oh yeah, it's a tough ol' world & what do you do anyway?? sing.........1st guess..............& stylophone..2nd guess (I jest) maybe piano

but somehow don't think that's going to happen----you gotta go out there to be noticed, in order for people to "want ya baby!"

was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who wanted to get together for a jamming session, maybe start a band------studio66 was forming a band.................they might be looking for a whatever it is you do

good luck in your quest for bandhood

yours truly
a (in musical terms) old goat

nikki
14-May-06, 20:33
i sing and play guitar. only been playing guitar for 2 years, but already knew alot of the theory from 5 years of playing piano, so didn't need to learn it all again.

i know i need to get out there and try to get noticed, which is why i've set up this thread. anyone who's interested, give me a shout.

TopCatsPurr
14-May-06, 21:02
Why have you decided to start a band as a singer/guitarist rather than a singer/pianist? There are so many guitarists in this town, how many bands have a pianist? And I don't mean keyboards.

nikki
14-May-06, 21:18
i stopped getting lessons for piano about 4 years ago, and havn't really played since. but i have a real passion for guitar, and i know that the majority of local bands have guitars as opposed to pianos but it's what i love doing.

Chobbersjnr
14-May-06, 22:42
okay dude

all this now begs the question........what kinds of stuff do you like & listen to??. Just to get an idea of where you're at

& have you written anything or are you still finding your guitaring feet (as it where)

clash67
15-May-06, 15:13
Good luck Nikki, hope you manage to find someone that isn't a pain in the backside, an alcoholic,a control freak or a someone that has all the needed enthusiasim but can't play in any other mode than loud,fast and with questionable tuning. lol.
What are you doing musicaly just now chobbersjnr?

~~Tides~~
15-May-06, 17:35
Heres an idea,

You play piano (or guitar), I play guitar, lets find us a fiddler and possibly a (would have to be strictly modern) accordianist and have ourselfves fantastic scottish country band where all the money is to be made? Rock is a dying breed. Just a wee idea.

If you want to get back to me, im in ur class.

~~Tides~~
15-May-06, 17:36
That is if I'm right in thinking who you are.

nikki
15-May-06, 18:14
im still finding my feet, as in if u give me music i can learn to play it and memorise it really quickly, but im not really at the stage where i can write my own music.

I listen to just about any kind of music you can think of. my main favourites are rock (like meat loaf, aerosmith, g'n'r), and country music (think dixie chicks, dolly parton) but i would be comfortable playing any kind of music.

Chobbersjnr
15-May-06, 20:57
Good luck Nikki, hope you manage to find someone that isn't a pain in the backside, an alcoholic,a control freak or a someone that has all the needed enthusiasim but can't play in any other mode than loud,fast and with questionable tuning. lol.
What are you doing musicaly just now chobbersjnr?

you just described half o' caithness clash................(ducks as missiles start to fly past one's lug)

me I'm giving up booze & taking anger & control freak managing classes harDhar, recording a blues album, ongoing might be done by 2015:Razz , I have another longterm project going on with a female singer from Balintore aka Parkland place who writes her own stuff, think Grace Slick clash............seriously she rocks

& I play wedding & celeidh type gigs with Vodka..................Rum....................no wait it's coming back...........................WHISKEY yeah that's it, on Lead Sitar hawhaw

I also have a chap called Terry Clarke in to record & he's a fantabulous 12 string picker. He's got a gretsch electric semi acoustic 12 string & MAN.................it's so noice!!! he also has a guild acoustic 12

boom yah dat's about it in short

Deemac
15-May-06, 23:15
Now, now Chobbers,

What have I told you about your spelling. Didn't you read the contract? The albums sleeves? The rider schedules? The tool box content lists? (I could go on . . . )

Its "Whisky" without the "e", Spelt the Scottish way NOT the Irish!!

Never, but never mix your drinks either . . . . . (you should know by now)
You'll only get a sore head.

You do know it's the Weigh Inn this Saturday do you? Yee ha all the way!!

Deemac
15-May-06, 23:17
Sorry, just also notice spelling of "Ceilidh"

Tut,tut there will be financial deductions for this later!!

Chobbersjnr
16-May-06, 00:45
Sorry, just also notice spelling of "Ceilidh"

Tut,tut there will be financial deductions for this later!!

HEY there's room for only one nazi on this board

& Whisky..........it's a bit like a typical whisky set, just a wee letter/chord missing:Razz

& saturday, I've forgotten already, whats happening???