PDA

View Full Version : Weather Last Night

scrabster view
26-Feb-10, 08:22
Our area didnt seem to have much snow last night, how about other places?

MFR is giving a terrible forecast for today, especially for Wick and Castletown.

chaz
26-Feb-10, 08:24
We caught another few inches of snow,snowing now.Well its digging out the chickens again!!
We are on top of hill between watten and spital and always have wind so that doesnt help !!

shamrock2007
26-Feb-10, 09:38
wet & windy in Staxigoe! Hope we don't get snow!

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-10, 09:41
Must of rained alot here in Thurso last night. Alot of the snow has gone, but then again alot remains as slush. Think i will still need to use my wellies when going to the shop today. :(

shazzap
26-Feb-10, 09:47
Lets hope the strong winds dry things up.

changilass
26-Feb-10, 10:07
We had slushy snow in Castletown yesterday but most of it washed away overnight. The sun is currently trying to blind me, but no heat behind it lol.

Jeid
26-Feb-10, 10:29
Anyone got any idea how the A9 is today? Grudgingly going to Alness :(

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-10, 10:34
Anyone got any idea how the A9 is today? Grudgingly going to Alness :(

I only know how it is by looking at traffic scotland

http://www.trafficscotland.co.uk/lev/

but it obviously doesnt give details of the whole way down. Wish it did though

Tighsonas4
26-Feb-10, 11:38
its disappearing fast here in wick dont know about the roads but noticed we got the p and j early today tony

spaceddaisy
26-Feb-10, 14:34
Anyone know what the roads are like? I'm headed down to Inverness then over towards Forres this afternoon. I can't get the live eye cameras to load at all today, I think there must be a problem with them, perhaps the number of people trying to access today.

poppett
26-Feb-10, 14:41
Just been on live cam and ord and road to Nairn both look well cleared.

Jeid
26-Feb-10, 15:03
Just back from Alness. All clear.

shazzap
26-Feb-10, 15:05
Just back from Alness. All clear.

Hope your journey was uneventful

Fran
26-Feb-10, 16:26
My pal has just left Wick to drive back home to Inverness . I'll let you know how she got on with road conditions later when she arrives.

Jeid
26-Feb-10, 16:47
It was fine all the way down to Alness, I can't see the extra 15miles being any different.

unicorn
26-Feb-10, 17:02
I know earlier you couldn't get past Perth as snow gates were closed, Inverness up was fine. I don't know if the gates are reopened or not.