PDA

View Full Version : Train Disruption

shazzap
25-Feb-10, 16:03
My Daughter is now stuck with 2 small children at Perth as the service from Edinburgh cannot get any further.
Also no other transport can be used as the roads are a no no too.
So if you have any one travelling on this route this is the state of play so far.

Fran
25-Feb-10, 17:58
How worrying, i hope they get somewhere ok and /british rail should put them in a hotel till alternative arrangements are made

shazzap
25-Feb-10, 18:10
How worrying, i hope they get somewhere ok and /british rail should put them in a hotel till alternative arrangements are made

They have now been put on another train via Aberdeen, this doesn't get into Inverness until around 8pm

That will be too late to get them to Wick.
They should be put up by The train company but we will see.

They will not be stranded as i will pay for a B&B or hotel if necessary.

Venture
25-Feb-10, 18:18
They usually just put them to Wick by taxi. Hope you get to see them all soon shazzap.

shazzap
25-Feb-10, 18:23
Thank you both Fran and Venture.
I hope they do get them a taxi, that is if the roads are OK to travel on.
Or put them up in a B&B / Hotel if not.

onecalledk
25-Feb-10, 18:34
aberdeen to inverness trains are disrupted due to snow... scotrail website gives delays and cancellations ....

K

shazzap
25-Feb-10, 18:35
aberdeen to inverness trains are disrupted due to snow... scotrail website gives delays and cancellations ....

K

That update is out of date, but thank you for the warning.

Serenity
25-Feb-10, 18:41

If it was something within Scotrail's control then yes but everyone knew they weather and the risk.

Saying that I have risked it in poor weather too (although it was floods) and they very kindly provided a taxi the rest of the way North. Would never expect it though.

Hope everyone gets home safely :)

Aaldtimer
25-Feb-10, 18:45
Fallen power lines more to blame... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8536970.stm :(

shazzap
25-Feb-10, 18:52
If it was something within Scotrail's control then yes but everyone knew they weather and the risk.

Saying that I have risked it in poor weather too (although it was floods) and they very kindly provided a taxi the rest of the way North. Would never expect it though.

Hope everyone gets home safely :)

Scot rail knew the conditions of the tracks and still let people travel. They should have cancelled the trains and services affected before they were due to depart. Example. the train from Edinburgh that could not get any further then Perth set off at 13.35. Scotrail knew about this at 11.58 but still let the train depart,
My daughters journey started in Yorkshire, if she had been told that she would only get so far she would have stayed put until it was feasible and safe to travel

cuddlepop
25-Feb-10, 18:57
Thinking of you all.

With snow gates closed all over the place there's going to be alot of stranded people.

Leanne
25-Feb-10, 19:02
They have now been put on another train via Aberdeen, this doesn't get into Inverness until around 8pm

That will be too late to get them to Wick.
They should be put up by The train company but we will see.

They will not be stranded as i will pay for a B&B or hotel if necessary.

The train company will pay for a taxi/minibus. MIL was in the same situation last snowfall and they got her here the same night :)

Stefan
25-Feb-10, 19:04

Well, if you have been away and are traveling home today on a ticket that was booked well in advance then what chance have you got?
If you don't try to travel your ticket is invalid. Better to attempt it and letting the train company make sure you get home, whichever way.

alanatkie
25-Feb-10, 19:07
Well, if you have been away and are traveling home today on a ticket that was booked well in advance then what chance have you got?
If you don't try to travel your ticket is invalid. Better to attempt it and letting the train company make sure you get home, whichever way.

My sister was due to travel to Aberdeen today & was advised when she called Scotrail not to go & her ticket would be changed for another date free of charge, as it is out of her/there control.

shazzap
25-Feb-10, 21:31
Well daughter and grand kids still in Inverness waiting to be sorted.
She won't let me pay yet, as she says they are going to get them some where.

shazzap
25-Feb-10, 21:51
Thanks for every ones concern.
They have put her up in the Royal Station Hotel.

Venture
25-Feb-10, 22:14
That's good shazzap at least you know they are safe and warm. Hopefully they can continue their journey under better circumstances tomorrow.

shazzap
25-Feb-10, 22:18
That's good shazzap at least you know they are safe and warm. Hopefully they can continue their journey under better circumstances tomorrow.

Thank you.

cuddlepop
25-Feb-10, 22:44
At least now there all tucked up safely in a bed tonight.

Hopefully you'll be able to give them a big hug tomorrow.:D

shazzap
25-Feb-10, 22:49
At least now there all tucked up safely in a bed tonight.

Hopefully you'll be able to give them a big hug tomorrow.:D

Thank you cuddlepop and every one else for their concern.

Liz
25-Feb-10, 23:43
Glad they have now got a place to stay and, hopefully, you will get to see them tomorrow.:D

Dadie
26-Feb-10, 12:08
They will be tired and stressed out with the whole journey!
Hope they have warm clothes on for the train up!

shazzap
26-Feb-10, 12:57
Now on the train back to Wick.:)

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-10, 13:20
Now on the train back to Wick.:)

Excellent news! Glad they are getting back up here. :Razz

shazzap
26-Feb-10, 13:25
Heating and trolley on train.

poppett
26-Feb-10, 14:11
All`s well that ends well.

Maybe we should hold that train and trolley hostage on the northline forever. Probably had it put on specially because of the complaints received and the newspaper asking for a statement.

shazzap
26-Feb-10, 14:13
All`s well that ends well.

Maybe we should hold that train and trolley hostage on the northline forever. Probably had it put on specially because of the complaints received and the newspaper asking for a statement.

Turn for the better!!!!!!! Maybe we shall see.