PDA

View Full Version : My Alien

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-10, 13:58
As a few people know i have a wee "alien" as i called it. Here is a few pics i got today. Im 12 weeks and 5 days.

So say hello to my new one on the way

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2402/new063.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1613/new062.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1883/new061.jpg

Katy
25-Feb-10, 14:02
Huge congrats Shelley!
Glad you got to Wick safely!
Katy xx

Tubthumper
25-Feb-10, 14:03
That explains your extraordinary appetite lately.

Names: How about Allen for a boy, Ellen for a girl??

annemarie482
25-Feb-10, 14:06
oh well, at least it wasn't the twins you were scared it might be! lol
congrats, one baby looking alien! x

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-10, 14:10
Thanks folks. Tubs thanks for the name suggestions, will check by with the OH first tho :lol:

I was so glad to hear it wasnt twins, there was a few minutes where the sonographer thought it might have been. I was more worried about not wetting myself at that time though. But definetely just 1.

A wee problem detected but back in a few weeks to check it out. Nothing too serious tho.

Saw the wee thing waving and shaking its bum around at me lol

annemarie482
25-Feb-10, 14:11
wee problem?

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-10, 14:28
wee problem?

There is a thick lining of blood in there with the baby that shouldnt be. The sonographer said it might just dissolve on its own. To be safe i will get it checked regularly.

It explains the pain i have been having though. They said usually it just fixes its self. :Razz

Invisible
25-Feb-10, 14:32
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss259/rjmacgregor/shelley.jpg

The Alien takes after it's mother.

Julia
25-Feb-10, 14:50
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss259/rjmacgregor/shelley.jpg

The Alien takes after it's mother.

Starting him early Shelley?

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-10, 14:52
hahahaha thats brilliant! Invisible if i remember correctly you still owe me a bottle of irn bru anyway :p

cuddlepop
25-Feb-10, 14:56
Thats lovely news Shelly now you've the excuse for that graving of irn bru.:D

Just dont drink too much incase the wee one's born orange,:lol:

telfordstar
25-Feb-10, 15:37
ahh hoge congrats Shelley.

Iffy
25-Feb-10, 15:43
Huge congratulations to you and your OH, Shelley ! :)

I just found out yesterday that one of my mates is due another wee one as well. She's due in August, would that be about the same time as you?

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-10, 15:50
Huge congratulations to you and your OH, Shelley ! :)

I just found out yesterday that one of my mates is due another wee one as well. She's due in August, would that be about the same time as you?

Im due September 4th, but so far im thinking about an elective c-section because i had one with Athrun. So it would be in August i would have it. :)

Thanks for the congrats everyone. Seems a bit more real now. Was in denial about it before now hehe

Liz
25-Feb-10, 16:02
Aw your wee alien is so cute Shelley!:D

Will you be calling it ET?:lol:

Take care of yourself and your precious wee passenger. xxx

Venture
25-Feb-10, 16:05
Im due September 4th, but so far im thinking about an elective c-section because i had one with Athrun. So it would be in August i would have it. :)

Thanks for the congrats everyone. Seems a bit more real now. Was in denial about it before now hehe
Ah but there were lots of little clues in your posts Shelley. Spotted the first one when you spoke about Athrun having to be in a bed sooner rather than later. Then there were the ones about not needing to diet any more, the cravings and huge appetite and the Eastenders thread where someone thought you should be Stacey. Your reply gave it away.;) Well done to you and congratulations again.:)

Olin
25-Feb-10, 16:10
What child number is this?

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-10, 16:14
Aw your wee alien is so cute Shelley!:D

Will you be calling it ET?

Take care of yourself and your precious wee passenger. xxx

haha no ET! names i have no idea at the moment. Long time to think tho xx

Ah but there were lots of little clues in your posts Shelley. Spotted the first one when you spoke about Athrun having to be in a bed sooner rather than later. Then there were the ones about not needing to diet any more, the cravings and huge appetite and the Eastenders thread where someone thought you should be Stacey. Your reply gave it away.;) Well done to you and congratulations again.:)

haha yea you were clever and guessed it a while ago. i hate keeping secrets though. Just feels like lies so i really struggle lol

What child number is this?

baby number 2. But my son has 2 older step brothers aswell. So its my OH's 4th.

Bazeye
25-Feb-10, 16:23
Saw the wee thing waving and shaking its bum around at me lol

You werent listening to Muse on your i pod at the time were you?

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-10, 17:05
You werent listening to Muse on your i pod at the time were you?

lol nope. Havent got a replacement MP3 player yet. As i said, was concentrating on not wetting myself and ensuring there was just the 1 in there [lol]

carasmam
25-Feb-10, 20:25
Congratulations :D A lovely clear scan picture too :cool:

Sarah
25-Feb-10, 23:07
Congratulations! :)

Vistravi
25-Feb-10, 23:31
lol nope. Havent got a replacement MP3 player yet. As i said, was concentrating on not wetting myself and ensuring there was just the 1 in there [lol]

I was the same with my 12 week scan or when i thought i was 12 weeks lol. Didn't help that my wee one is more monkey than alien and was not allowing the sonographer to get a head measurment. It was so cute though. Could tell from then that it's quite a stubborn wee thing and mischevious lol. I can't wait to meet my wee monkey.

Is the placenta sitting right for this wee one? Bet you'll be bigger than me lol. I'm still small for 7 months lol.

Official congratulations even though you told me a few weeks ago ;)

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-10, 00:24
I was the same with my 12 week scan or when i thought i was 12 weeks lol. Didn't help that my wee one is more monkey than alien and was not allowing the sonographer to get a head measurment. It was so cute though. Could tell from then that it's quite a stubborn wee thing and mischevious lol. I can't wait to meet my wee monkey.

Is the placenta sitting right for this wee one? Bet you'll be bigger than me lol. I'm still small for 7 months lol.

Official congratulations even though you told me a few weeks ago ;)

They cant tell me much about the placenta yet. Will find out more at my next scan in a month. Then another scan after that at 20 weeks too.

i feel massive already! :eek: But i was the exact same with Athrun, got really big until about 16 weeks then stopped growing for months.

I think its gonna be a long year. But worth it

Thanks everyone for all the messages. Really nice of you all. :Razz

StacNKel
26-Feb-10, 14:14
Congrats

I ma due my 3rd baby on July 30th. Midwife told me there is loads of babies due around about our due dates hehe must have been the cold winter!

I am massive been showing since 5 weeks and get bigger everyday (so i am told anyway lol)

Anyway many congrats on your happy news!!

XxX

shazzap
26-Feb-10, 14:20
September babies are Christmas Crackers.
Like myself.

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-10, 14:39
Congrats

I ma due my 3rd baby on July 30th. Midwife told me there is loads of babies due around about our due dates hehe must have been the cold winter!

I am massive been showing since 5 weeks and get bigger everyday (so i am told anyway lol)

XxX

Many congrats back :D

I am huge, im hopeful that it slows down soon because i have to fit into a bridesmaid dress in May lol.

I was due in September 2008 with Athrun too, but he didnt come til October.

I have photos of my belly throughout my pregnancy with him and only looking back now i realise how big i really was. And he wasnt even that big a baby lol.

xx

StacNKel
26-Feb-10, 17:32
lol my first son was due on xmas day 2001 and decided to make an appearance on new years day ha! and my daughter was born september 2003.... so its been a while since i've done the nappies and sleepless nights thing! Should be easy this time (hopefully)

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-10, 18:31
lol my first son was due on xmas day 2001 and decided to make an appearance on new years day ha! and my daughter was born september 2003.... so its been a while since i've done the nappies and sleepless nights thing! Should be easy this time (hopefully)

Haha definetely a few years out of nappies then. I was thinking how i would be able to stop nappies within the next year but not now. Nappies for years to come. But i dont mind. Sleepless nights dont bother me either really.

My OH also has a 8 year old son and a 6 year old son. So there is quite a while between them and athrun. but it all works out fine. I think 2 years between athrun and the new baby will be just grand! :D

unicorn
26-Feb-10, 18:33
Congratulations :D

Hoida
26-Feb-10, 19:05
Culations Shelley hope all goes well no doubt you will keep us all posted :D

teenybash
26-Feb-10, 19:33
Congratulations....2nd pic is great and just look at that cute little turned up nose.......lovely.:)

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-10, 20:09
Congratulations....2nd pic is great and just look at that cute little turned up nose.......lovely.

same nose shape as athrun. When i had my 12 weeks scan with him it was nowhere near as clear, and he didnt seem as big as this one does.

The button nose comes from me aswell. lol

This is athruns 12 week scan for comparison

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/714/12weeks.jpg

This is him at 36 weeks and 3 days. You can see the button nose there

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3163/36weeks3days.jpg

Vistravi
26-Feb-10, 23:45
Congrats

XxX

I'm due in may and have only started showing a couple of weeks ago. Now i seem to be bigger everyday :eek: