PDA

View Full Version : Video Problem

bonami
24-Feb-10, 21:39
Can anyone help. I have a problem with my rather old video recorder . It records a perfect picture but very poor sound that is the TV needs almost full volume before I can hear it. I have tried new tapes but it made no differance. It will likely need replaced with digital coming but it would be nice to know what the problem is.

Aaldtimer
25-Feb-10, 05:28
Can anyone help. I have a problem with my rather old video recorder . It records a perfect picture but very poor sound that is the TV needs almost full volume before I can hear it. I have tried new tapes but it made no differance. It will likely need replaced with digital coming but it would be nice to know what the problem is.

Likely the audio heads need cleaning.
It's not a difficult job. All you need to do is take the covers off, identify the approptiate component and give it a wipe with de-naturised alcohol and a cotton-bud/lint free cloth.
Even a decent quality Vodka will do the job.
Go on-line for a manual to identify the audio head component for your model of VCR.:)

RIR
25-Feb-10, 20:18
As above, or you could try something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philex-22812R-Video-Head-Cleaner/dp/B002OL1L4M/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1267125349&sr=1-4

Ian.

dx100uk
26-Feb-10, 01:24
yep go with that
wet type cleaner tape.

dx