PDA

View Full Version : highland rail cards

onecalledk
24-Feb-10, 20:52
this may be a really daft questions so bear with me ..... if booking a train ticket online how do you put in a highland rail card for discount ? the drop down menus dont say "highland rail card".

or do i need to go to railway station and use it there ? Am going to inverness then on to huntly .... (and i understand i can only use card on journeys to inverness ) .....

K

Hoida
25-Feb-10, 11:09
Is there not'other'option. I have booked on line and used my card although not recently. Bus is warmer and if you go on one that goes over Causewaymire it is only 3 hours.

Invisible
25-Feb-10, 11:38
this may be a really daft questions so bear with me ..... if booking a train ticket online how do you put in a highland rail card for discount ? the drop down menus dont say "highland rail card".

or do i need to go to railway station and use it there ? Am going to inverness then on to huntly .... (and i understand i can only use card on journeys to inverness ) .....

K

Whenever I was using the train to travel to ness I would always get ticket at the station, was only £8 after the Rail card discount. If I remember correctly only cost £7.50 to get it.
In Edinburgh I was travelling north and booked tickets from Inverness to Wick and they had no idea what a Highland Rail Card was and had to get the supervisor to check.:roll:

You can use the card as far south as inverness, as far west as kyle (i think) and as far north as Thursa.