PDA

View Full Version : Network coverage

champagnebaby
25-Mar-04, 16:42
Hi, my contract's about to expire and I’m planning a new phone - just wondering what like the coverage for various networks is like for Wick and Thurso.

I'm with vodafone at the moment but was just wondering what like the coverage for 3, o2, virgin and orange is like?? And any recommendations please :)

beppo1967
25-Mar-04, 18:09
iv'e been with o2 for over 2 years and i've never had a problem with them.. :o)

Dali
25-Mar-04, 19:25
Hi well three uses the o2 network to roame on. As three has no coverage here, but both are good coverage up here in most places.

AR
25-Mar-04, 20:14
i have a orange fone i got as a freebie, it has very patchy reception in the wick area, my main fone is vodafone and i get very good reception with it

Moonboots
25-Mar-04, 23:44
Orange, T-mobile and Virgin are all patchy in Caithness.

o2 does have a good coverage and yes 3 does use its network too but you cannot get video coverage so there is really no point in a 3 phone.

Vodafone is the best network and I have never had problems anywhere i go but do watch some phones as they do not provide good reception on all networks.

I recently went for a Sharp GX20 on Vodafone and the reception was crap compared to any Nokia phone.

linzy222
25-Mar-04, 23:59
I am like beppo i have been with o2 for a while and never had a problem

But the good thing about o2 u can get the sim card with the 300 free msgs every month, it is great if u text alot which i do, 300 free is not enough for me lol

I would go to o2 if i was you

beppo1967
26-Mar-04, 00:26
v been with o2 line rental for 2 years...£15 per month...500 free texts, 100 mins anytime any network plus 500 free mins wap. can't be sniffed at can it.....i was with vodafone thought they were crap considering there a big network company..... :D

Anonymous
26-Mar-04, 10:40
I'm with O2 and didnt realise that anyone got anything less that full signal pretty much all over the county :o)

champagnebaby
26-Mar-04, 11:16
Cheerz for info guys, think i might give o2 a try cos there's loadsa other peeps i've spoken too who've praised o2 :) just gotta find a suitable phone n contract now! :D

Geo
26-Mar-04, 14:21
We have a phone on O2 and one on Orange. We find the O2 coverage is better. A friend on Vodafone finds the coverage to be useless up by Manpower.

Don't rule out "3" as there is a good offer on with them at the minute and they use the O2 network when you are not in a video coverage area.

The deal is a free Motorola a835 with 500 anytime minutes to any network for only £12.50 per month.

The Motorola is a bit of a brick, but a streamlined one. :-) Also like a brick it feels very sturdy however unlike a brick it is packed with featuires including a camera, PDA abilities and an MP3 player.

The offer can be found here: http://www.a1comms.co.uk/offers.ihtml#6582

Moonboots
27-Mar-04, 14:13
You should also check out Ultra Mobile (http://www.ultra-mobile.co.uk)

The currently have good offers also.

myname1
27-Mar-04, 18:45
Or alternatively go to amazon and buy a phone thats much cheaper. :cool:

Geo
27-Mar-04, 23:29
Cheaper than free? :D

champagnebaby
29-Mar-04, 09:07
Found quite a few good deals on here - http://www1.fonetasticwarehouse.com/

Still dunno wot phone i want though, just can't decide?!?!?! :D

Tc4
29-Mar-04, 22:04
If ur gonna get a new contract i would reccomend o2 check there site

They will ogger the newest ranges of fone on there

They also offer 2 main deals which are good

£20
500 free txts
300 offpeak minutes to any network

£25
500 free txts
500 offpeak minutes to any network

My bills came down alot when i went from vodafone to 02

Tc4

Donnie
30-Mar-04, 10:56
I've got the O2 online PAYG sim as I only really use my phone for texting. Aslong as I top my phone up £10 a month I get 300 free texts and 300 free wap mins. Plus I still have the £10 of credit I used to top up.