PDA

View Full Version : And once again it's snowing !!

cherokee
24-Feb-10, 16:59
Gosh, didn't see this coming, at least not according to the BBC Weather Forecast!

Be careful out there everyone who is driving in these conditions !! (Wick side of the country - I don't know what it's like elsewhere!!)

Serenity
24-Feb-10, 17:02
The BBC weather forecast is so wrong, and almost always onto the warmer side of the scale, I am almost believing it is part of their global warming propaganda. ALMOST, lol.

Anyway YAY SNOW!! Might be one of the last for the season.

divanp75
24-Feb-10, 17:16
heard snow gates are shut between here and inverness earlier.

floyed
24-Feb-10, 17:41
Do we really need another thread about the snow?? It's only snow for goodness sake:lol::lol:

Maybe we should have a weather report on here everyday!!

Oh well i guess thats the rain on again.

Oh well i see the sun is out again today.:roll:

Shabbychic
24-Feb-10, 17:45
Do we really need another thread about the snow?? It's only snow for goodness sake:lol:

I actually find threads like this very useful, especially if snow or ice are involved. It helps in deciding whether to make a journey or not. :)

ShelleyCowie
24-Feb-10, 17:46
Snow is doin my head in!! I have to go to wick tomorrow morning and not looking forward to it if this keeps up! [evil]

If i could get enough salt i would go round and melt the lot. It was ok before but now its just rediculous!!

Serenity
24-Feb-10, 17:51
Snow is doin my head in!! I have to go to wick tomorrow morning and not looking forward to it if this keeps up! [evil]

If i could get enough salt i would go round and melt the lot. It was ok before but now its just rediculous!!

If the temp is this cold (and it was -9 last last night) I prefer the snow. Gives some grip lol.

slinky
24-Feb-10, 17:53
enjoy it while u can :cool:

tonkatojo
24-Feb-10, 17:54

Is there a rendition of "rage against the machine" in the offing Shelly ??.;)

upolian
24-Feb-10, 17:55
the roads arent looking healthy going to wick no sign of a gritter

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c154/flamerkit/SP_A5554.jpg

drive safe :)

yes 2 people have decided to park on a path lol

Tugmistress
24-Feb-10, 17:56
Gosh, didn't see this coming, at least not according to the BBC Weather Forecast!

Be careful out there everyone who is driving in these conditions !! (Wick side of the country - I don't know what it's like elsewhere!!)

lol don't bother with the BBC, metcheck or several others - they're rubbish for up here!

sorry shelley, it's going to last a while longer yet!

chaz
24-Feb-10, 17:57
Tuggs how long will it last please xx

cherokee
24-Feb-10, 17:57
Do we really need another thread about the snow?? It's only snow for goodness sake:lol::lol:

Yes, I'm sorry if threads of this nature seem to upset you Floyed. However, when living in Caithness/Sutherland we find this sort of information very useful. The weather and road conditions we may be undergoing could help to save a nasty accident; through forewarning of prevailing snow in a possible destination for other "Orgers".

Do you have a problem with this ??

(P/S - The snow is still hammering down here just now.....)

tonkatojo
24-Feb-10, 17:58
Its almost 1700 hrs Upolian, they will be out soon, the overtime has kicked in LOL.;)

Tugmistress
24-Feb-10, 18:00
Tuggs how long will it last please xx

hi chaz,
just been looking through the charts - one lot is telling me right through for at least 5 days (with sunny days in it too) and another set are saying a let up at the weekend [disgust]

i'll stick with the ones i normally use and say we will get snow and sleet for at least another 4 days certainly over the colder hours and coastal areas *may* see sleet or rain over friday/saturday.

upolian
24-Feb-10, 18:02
Its almost 1700 hrs Upolian, they will be out soon, the overtime has kicked in LOL.;)

thats next to the primary school in watten,all these cars arrived since the children left,the parking was a shambles so 2 people decided to reverse rear end out on the main road in drifting snow and park up on a path! but 20 yards down the road is another space to park.......lazy gits [lol]

cherokee
24-Feb-10, 18:06
Thanks Tugmistresss for that !!
Much appreciate your warning, as I've said before, your's is the one that I trust!! :D

Tugmistress
24-Feb-10, 18:08
Much appreciate your warning, as I've said before, your's is the one that I trust!! :D

haha thanks cherokee ... i could well be wrong on this one, as i say the charts are very mixed but i'll stick with what i've said and gladly be wrong :)

ShelleyCowie
24-Feb-10, 18:21
Is there a rendition of "rage against the machine" in the offing Shelly ??.;)

Lol it could well be Tonka! I just want to get to wick and home safely. This appointment is important and dont want to wait any longer for it. :(

Also if the kids are off school (Fingers crossed it doesnt snow too bad tonight) then its going to cause alot of problems for my appointment :~(

chaz
24-Feb-10, 18:25

Yes thank you from me also, i also trust yours more than others xx

sandyr1
24-Feb-10, 18:34
Come on guys.....Caithness people are tough/ get some real snaw!!!!
Hope this works.....

unicorn
24-Feb-10, 18:38
I wish we would have snow like that and just get it over and done with [lol] Cheers Tuggs, glad to get a decent forecast.

floyed
24-Feb-10, 19:17
I actually find threads like this very useful, especially if snow or ice are involved. It helps in deciding whether to make a journey or not. :)

Very true:D

floyed
24-Feb-10, 19:19
Yes, I'm sorry if threads of this nature seem to upset you Floyed. However, when living in Caithness/Sutherland we find this sort of information very useful. The weather and road conditions we may be undergoing could help to save a nasty accident; through forewarning of prevailing snow in a possible destination for other "Orgers".

Do you have a problem with this ??

(P/S - The snow is still hammering down here just now.....)

I must admit i actually didn't relise it was snowing so much, and true enough it does help to inform people:D

Mystical Potato Head
24-Feb-10, 19:54

Though they are renowned for being way of the mark,so often,The Met Office website did actually issue a warning yesterday for snow showers/prolonged periods of snow and increasing wind for today and tomorrow so for once they were correct.

Shaun Batty's Stv forecast was also reasonably accurate too.

Liz
24-Feb-10, 20:03
Though they are renowned for being way of the mark,so often,The Met Office website did actually issue a warning yesterday for snow showers/prolonged periods of snow and increasing wind for today and tomorrow so for once they were correct.

Shaun Batty's Stv forecast was also reasonably accurate too.

The STV forecast which was shown on the TV was pretty good but their online forecast is wrong.:confused I really miss Teletext for the weather forecast as it seemed to be the best of a bad lot.

Sarah
24-Feb-10, 20:09
Starting to lie here too.

Mystical Potato Head
24-Feb-10, 20:18
The STV forecast which was shown on the TV was pretty good but their online forecast is wrong.:confused I really miss Teletext for the weather forecast as it seemed to be the best of a bad lot.

Try http://www.northisles-weather.co.uk/ a lot more accurate than any BBC forecast

Liz
24-Feb-10, 20:23
Try http://www.northisles-weather.co.uk/ a lot more accurate than any BBC forecast

Cheers MPH.:D

kas
24-Feb-10, 20:27
Its raining here[disgust][disgust]

Tugmistress
24-Feb-10, 21:11
Its raining here[disgust][disgust]

haha kas, i just got in as boat sailed late, there is a distinct line on the lane where it changes from rain with you to snow with me! it's first time i've noticed it so bold.

Boozeburglar
24-Feb-10, 21:14
It will all be gone by Friday, and none more thereafter.

unicorn
24-Feb-10, 21:17
It will snow on Saturday, always snows on my birthday [lol]

kas
24-Feb-10, 21:40
haha kas, i just got in as boat sailed late, there is a distinct line on the lane where it changes from rain with you to snow with me! it's first time i've noticed it so bold.

Sounds promising.
Any chance of sledging up with you?

Forecast says rain for most of the county by 3am, some snow tomorrow and rain tomorrow night? What you think.

Rictina
24-Feb-10, 22:06
Im so glad that I made the journey to Thurso from Inverness yesterday rather than today in the snow ! ;)

Fran
24-Feb-10, 22:24
The road from Inverness to Wick took over 4 hours late afternoon/evening today and was treacherous. Even the roads in wick were slidy this evening. followed the gritter from wick to Reiss but no grit coming out and the road really bad. Started bad on the John O Groats road but most of the road was fairly clear but snowing. Returning back at 8.30pm, couldn't beleive it, a forklift truck with red and yellow lights on the top and a poster "John o Groats to Land End sponspred fork lift drive".
See my other post "Dangerous and irresponsible". How stupid and dangerous, to himself and other motorists and no one near him.

Rictina
24-Feb-10, 22:42
The road from Inverness to Wick took over 4 hours late afternoon/evening today and was treacherous. Even the roads in wick were slidy this evening. followed the gritter from wick to Reiss but no grit coming out and the road really bad. Started bad on the John O Groats road but most of the road was fairly clear but snowing. Returning back at 8.30pm, couldn't beleive it, a forklift truck with red and yellow lights on the top and a poster "John o Groats to Land End sponspred fork lift drive".
See my other post "Dangerous and irresponsible". How stupid and dangerous, to himself and other motorists and no one near him.

OMG ! fork lift truck !!!! :roll:

DopeyDan
24-Feb-10, 22:54
Come on guys.....Caithness people are tough/ get some real snaw!!!!
Hope this works.....

I raise you....
http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_mar2005/SnowCar.jpg

sids
24-Feb-10, 23:01

Me too! Especially when you have to make the journey to work 20 miles away!

Rictina
24-Feb-10, 23:05
I raise you....

Thats incrediball !! ROFL ;)

George Brims
24-Feb-10, 23:10
Oh man. I've had a wet bum when the Mrs has left the window ajar and we got rain, but that takes the cake! With luck it was cold enough that they could get the snow out without it melting.

sandyr1
24-Feb-10, 23:33
I raise you....

You has me beat!!!! I am man enough to admit it....s

lynne duncan
25-Feb-10, 01:07
tugs - know what you mean about the line, we just have to go to the other end of our street, our end is wet the other end is white much to the bairns disgust.

this is the first time we have ever noticed such a dramatic difference and thats in less than half a mile

dx100uk
25-Feb-10, 01:24
I raise you....

so where's this any idea ?

dx