PDA

View Full Version : replacement boiler - help please

onecalledk
24-Feb-10, 10:31
hi

need to replace the boiler (we have calor tanked gas) to a more modern one as the one we have is totally ancient and is costing a fortune to run. Having tried a few local companies we keep getting told that cant come out to do a quote for at least a week, other ones have said they will phone and not appeared!

Can anyone recommend someone who will come out very soon, do a good job at a REASONABLE price , we will use someone outwith the county if we need to as its costing us a fortune in gas. (600 litres is lasting 4 weeks!).

This is for replacing the boiler ONLY to the existing system.

HELP!

K

Sage
24-Feb-10, 11:09
Hi K

We've just had our boiler replaced by the Heat Centre in Wick. They did a very good job.

Dont know how quick James could come out but its worth giving him a phone

supernova
24-Feb-10, 11:14
We bought our gas boiler from Screwfix.com, really efficient and much cheaper than local dealers and it was delivered really quickly. We then got Heat Centre to fit it, I'm sure they were out within days of us asking. If you do buy the boiler yourself, don't forget that you will also need a conversion kit for LPG.

badger
24-Feb-10, 20:30
I've used Forss Engineering for years and last time I had an emergency they came out straightaway even though it was weekend.

unicorn
24-Feb-10, 20:33
I would agree forss engineering are great.

gollach
24-Feb-10, 20:39
Keep an eye out for more information about this

http://www.boilerscrappagescheme.co.uk/2010/02/scottish-parliament-approves-boiler-scrappage-scheme.php

onecalledk
24-Feb-10, 20:41
Keep an eye out for more information about this

http://www.boilerscrappagescheme.co.uk/2010/02/scottish-parliament-approves-boiler-scrappage-scheme.php

excellent! thanks for the info will definately keep an eye on this .....

K

Billy Boy
25-Feb-10, 09:15
hi

need to replace the boiler (we have calor tanked gas) to a more modern one as the one we have is totally ancient and is costing a fortune to run. Having tried a few local companies we keep getting told that cant come out to do a quote for at least a week, other ones have said they will phone and not appeared!

Can anyone recommend someone who will come out very soon, do a good job at a REASONABLE price , we will use someone outwith the county if we need to as its costing us a fortune in gas. (600 litres is lasting 4 weeks!).

This is for replacing the boiler ONLY to the existing system.

HELP!

K

When was the last time you got your boiler serviced? As we have a lpg boiler that is 20+ years old, Were last fill up was on the 11th of november and still have a 1/4 tank left.
And thats with it on everyday, Sometimes up to 14 hours a day.

upolian
25-Feb-10, 10:20
forss engineering are highly recommended to help you out :)