PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Glass belongs to Caithness, not Perth.

Monk
24-Mar-04, 21:12
It saddens me to hear about the glass factory in Wick closing. :~( I worked there for 6 years myself. I would just like to say that the workforce in Wick was very skilled and were not given the credit for their hard work from the management in Perth. All they could say was work harder and faster. We would come home knackered after sweating our butts off for the measly pay at the end of the week. The business should never have moved to Perth in the first place. The director is from Perth and has no care for the people who have made the name for Caithness Glass. Wick is the home of the company and should be retained in the county of its origin. If the company should stay in Perth, it should change its name in respect of the workers who have been made redundant.

The workforce of the Wick factory need to be praised for the hard work over the years and a big middle finger must be shown to the lazy money grabbing managers and directors in Perth who i believe have destroyed the company. I hope their time will come sooner rather than later.

I think there should be a meeting held with local councillers, enterprise officials and ex management of the company to resolve this situation.