PDA

View Full Version : My new bunnies!!!

Sarah
23-Feb-10, 21:05
On Wednesday, in Inverness, I picked up my new bunnies, they are adorable. The woman bought them for her EIGHTEEN MONTH OLD daughter and was surprised when the rabbits didn't like her. Apparently the daughter was more interested in climbing into the cage, and the occasional time she did pay attention to them, she squeezed them.

Anyway, they are in good health it appears, not vaccinated yet, and they could use some exercise and handling, but honestly, they are not doing too bad. They aren't running away from us, and we can pick them up. They were named Poppy (blonde) and Pippa (black and white) but they have been renamed Islay and Jura. Islay has long hair, she had some matts, but has since been groomed.

Islay...she's the quieter of the two, and my favourite...yes we took them out on the train home LOL they got a lot of attention from the trolley lady, ticket man, and several passengers with kids!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/4366746964_95a0c98137.jpg

Jura...she's very nosy, and she's my sister's favourite. This photo makes her look really big, but its a really small box.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4046/4365999377_8a296ba6ef.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4366000169_35c58236de.jpg

unicorn
23-Feb-10, 21:24
Gorgeous Sarah, I am sure they will have a fab life with you :D

Sarah
23-Feb-10, 21:28
Gorgeous Sarah, I am sure they will have a fab life with you :D

Thanks :) and thank you for helping me before when I was looking for a breeder. I am quite glad I found these to rescue though as I love them already to bits :)

unicorn
23-Feb-10, 21:29
Better to see these two get a loving and appropriate home. I will never understand why people buy rabbits for such young children :confused she is very lucky her daughter didn't get a nasty scratch, I have a few scars.

ShelleyCowie
23-Feb-10, 21:53
Aww they are lovely!! :Razz

Why on earth would someone buy rabbits for such a young child though? :confused Rabbits arent like that. Athrun plays with brenon the whole time, pulls his tail, tries to eat his ear or whatever, but brenon basically "grew up" with athrun and loves playing with him. Different with cats though.

Well done you for taking them though. They are absolutely gorgeous! I like the black and white one ;)

Liz
23-Feb-10, 23:41
Aaawww they are lovely!

As the others said how stupid to get rabbits for such a young bairn.:roll:

Well done for giving them such a lovely home.

Sarah
24-Feb-10, 00:28
Yes, her stupidity amazed me. She also said she didn't know rabbits needed vaccinations. Also, that they came with their 'huge indoor cage' which was actually 3ft!! Needless to say, they have been upgraded!

Serenity
24-Feb-10, 00:33
Sarah!! I am a huge animal lover so I sooo want to steal your life. I'm joking but seriously it seems lovely. All your pets I have seen on here are gorgeous. And lucky to have such a lovely "owner". I put owner in quotes because I don't think pets generally have owners as such :)

ShelleyCowie
24-Feb-10, 00:38
Yes, her stupidity amazed me. She also said she didn't know rabbits needed vaccinations. Also, that they came with their 'huge indoor cage' which was actually 3ft!! Needless to say, they have been upgraded!

3ft???? Surely thats cruelty! :eek: Was that a cage each or for both of them?

I used to have rabbits and the first one was a house rabbit, litterally. She never slept in her cage, she roamed the house freely and went back to her cage to do the loo. So you can say she was toilet trained.

the next rabbit didnt take kindly to the house so we got a big out-door hutch. In the good weather he roamed the garden, in bad weather he came in. Simple.

Rabbits need as much care as a dog with their vaccinations aswell!

Sarah
24-Feb-10, 20:29
3ft???? Surely thats cruelty! :eek: Was that a cage each or for both of them?

I used to have rabbits and the first one was a house rabbit, litterally. She never slept in her cage, she roamed the house freely and went back to her cage to do the loo. So you can say she was toilet trained.

the next rabbit didnt take kindly to the house so we got a big out-door hutch. In the good weather he roamed the garden, in bad weather he came in. Simple.

Rabbits need as much care as a dog with their vaccinations aswell!

That was a shared cage [evil] they are currently free roam in my bathroom with a 3.5ft cage as a bed, purely a bed and the door has not been shut since they got here. They will move into their 6ft double hutch and run when its a bit warmer :)

ShelleyCowie
24-Feb-10, 22:43
That was a shared cage [evil] they are currently free roam in my bathroom with a 3.5ft cage as a bed, purely a bed and the door has not been shut since they got here. They will move into their 6ft double hutch and run when its a bit warmer :)

O-M-G! :eek: Thats just evil. They dont look like tiny little rabbits. And rabbits need space to roam, stretch their legs and things.

Just glad they are in a good home now. Well done you!

Also you need to update your signature now! hehe

Stavro
01-Mar-10, 20:21
Beautiful, bright eyed, bunnies and I particularly like your choice of names 'Islay' & 'Jura' after the bonnie Isles of the West. Just as well that they are both female, otherwise you would soon have dozens! :roll:

Sarah
01-Mar-10, 20:48
Beautiful, bright eyed, bunnies and I particularly like your choice of names 'Islay' & 'Jura' after the bonnie Isles of the West. Just as well that they are both female, otherwise you would soon have dozens! :roll:

Oh no, even if they were male and female they would be neutered and spayed, then bonded to live together :) I don't believe in adding any more to the UK's pet population when so many are sitting in rescue centres!

I love their names too. My dog is named 'Maddy' after Lochmaddy on the isle of North Uist.

Stavro
02-Mar-10, 00:44
You'll have to update your signature, Sarah, which is beginning to look like the 12 days of Christmas song. :)

Sarah
02-Mar-10, 01:13
You'll have to update your signature, Sarah, which is beginning to look like the 12 days of Christmas song. :)

You are right! Will do that :) I also have some new photos of them to post enjoying their new hutch today.