PDA

View Full Version : Funeral Directors in Thurso

bekisman
23-Feb-10, 18:29
Bit of an odd one I know - but would appreciate any advice on the best one in Thurso, I know of at least four, but any personal involvement of any of these would be much appreciated. Maybe this should be on another forum, but need info rather urgently.. Thanks

unicorn
23-Feb-10, 18:59
Dunnets up in ormlie lodge were fabulous when I dealt with them.

DopeyDan
23-Feb-10, 19:40
Ditto for Dunnets.

DIH
23-Feb-10, 19:41
Unfortunately my family has had quite a few dealings with Dunnet's undertakers and I can highly recommend them. They are very professional and will help you arrange the funeral that you want. Hopefully we won't need them again for a while lol.

dragonfly
23-Feb-10, 19:42
same here, Dunnetts were excellent took care of everything and the parlour is nice and light, there's a room for the family to wait in before and after the service, highly recommend them

teenybash
23-Feb-10, 19:44
Dunnets without a doubt.....highly recommend.

Liz
23-Feb-10, 19:45
I would highly recommend Dunnets as well.

Lovely people to deal with at such an awful time.

Amowat
23-Feb-10, 19:48
Dunnets dealt with my dad`s funeral and they were so caring and professional. I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend them.

poppett
23-Feb-10, 20:04
Dunnetts..............absolutely first class professional but friendly service.

They attended when my mum died three years ago and didn`t bat an eyelid when told she had requested she didn`t leave the house until she went to the cemetry. My friend and I laid her out and the coffin was brought to the house. Nothing was too much trouble, in fact the biggest problem was getting them to submit the account so we could get it paid............and very reasonable it was too.

Have attended a few of the services at their funeral home and it is very nice and comfortable.

Bobinovich
23-Feb-10, 20:26
Chalk one up for Dunnett's here too - they dealt with my Gran's funeral in January and were superb to deal with, very understanding of our requirements, and incredibly reasonable with regards to costs (about the same cost as my mum's arrangements in Inverness which was 9 years ago!).

bekisman
24-Feb-10, 02:34
A great many thanks to all for recommending Dunnetts, unfortunately the old lady friend we've been helping to care for over the last 4 weeks, passed away 20 past ten this evening, Dunnetts were called out after midnight, and am fully impressed with their care and attention to detail.. thanks again

unicorn
24-Feb-10, 08:25
So sorry for you loss. :~(

poppett
24-Feb-10, 09:45
So sorry to hear of your loss. Glad you have found Dunnetts. They will take good care of the deceased and help you in every way possible. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

DIH
24-Feb-10, 21:33
I'm sorry for your loss.

jings00
26-Feb-10, 14:04
Dunnets dealt with both my parents funerals and they were spot on.

bekisman
03-Mar-10, 17:43
Just to say a big thank you to Unicorn, DopeyDan, DIH, Dragonfly, Tinybash, LIZ, amowat, poppett, Bobinovitch, and Jings00 for recommending Dunnets..

Just got back from the Crematorium in Inverness after our friends Humanist service, organised by Dunnets.. can't praise them enough. Thank you.

poppett
03-Mar-10, 18:22
I am so pleased they lived up to our expectations.

Simply the best.

Pleased everything went well for you at this difficult time.

unicorn
03-Mar-10, 19:29
They most certainly make a very difficult time far easier.