PDA

View Full Version : Bygone days

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Feb-10, 16:26
Anybody else remember a Saturday night in their youthdom.When ye wid be oot playing fitbaw,catching up wi the craic or just farting around.Then ye wid all rush into yer ain hooses to catch up wi the latest Dukes of Hazard,Invisible Hulk,then go back out and do the same as ye had the whole day,but blether about what the Dukes had been up to or if Mr MacGee had made Bruce Banner angry?:)

youoldduffer
23-Feb-10, 16:55
Yup funny but me and a mate were just talking about what we used to do as kid's, Though I've never seen the Invisible hulk;):lol:.

im behind you
23-Feb-10, 17:00
Yup funny but me and a mate were just talking about what we used to do as kid's, Though I've never seen the Invisible hulk;):lol:.
i remember my saturday nights whilst watching the invisible hulk. i would be glued to the telly wondering where he was. just a shame we never ever got to see him.and all my mates kept telling me watch the other channel for the incredible hulk but i choosed to ignore then.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Feb-10, 18:00
Invisible,man[lol]Its incredible the spelling mistakes I make in this place.Ken wit for youoldduffer and for you i'm behind you,I'm not gonnae edit it.Ye know whit it is,plastering two and a bit walls,then stopping in the org during coffee break.Trying to do two things at once.[lol]

bekisman
23-Feb-10, 18:34
Yep, remember it well.. running home to watch Torchy Torchy the Battery Boy and Larry the Lamb, and that fantastic Captain Pugwash! wow, nothing like it these days.

sids
23-Feb-10, 18:49
When ye wid be oot playing fitbaw,:)

You're confusing me with Oor Wullie. I lived in Caithness.

Though I'm not saying his wasn't a valid lifestyle choice.

Kenn
23-Feb-10, 19:12
Cringing whilst watching "Quatermass," but still had to watch!

Mrs Bucket
23-Feb-10, 19:16
Ah yes I remember it well

danc1ngwitch
23-Feb-10, 19:23
charlies angels and john wayne, not to mention jimmy stewart.
Days when the worst thing a kid could do was creep in anothers garden for horrid crab apples thinking each time you go in for another it would taste better. Never did[lol]

im behind you
23-Feb-10, 23:12
just remembered baywatch on a saturday night now that was top veiwing .

jock leith
24-Feb-10, 07:19
"World of Sport", with Dickie Davies on a Saturday afternoon when the footy season was over was always good. Watching Big Daddy,Jackie Pallo,Les Kellett etc compared by Kent Walton wrestling was a great laugh in those days
Happy days
JDL:)

sandyr1
24-Feb-10, 20:31

Wow..... Quatermass and the pit? ..or something/ that, at that time was pretty scary! But kinda fond memories....of another World!

JAWS
25-Feb-10, 06:06
Watching Big Daddy,Jackie Pallo,Les Kellett etc compared by Kent Walton wrestling was a great laugh in those days
Happy days
JDL:)I remember the wrestling well. There was a Wrestler called "Wild Angus Campell" and, if I remember rightly, he used to arrive in the ring wearing a kilt. I only found out some time afterwards that he actually came from Manchester and was as English as they come.
I think that summed up the wrestling nicely, it was good entertainment provided you didn't take it too seriously.

Then there was one with a Mohican hair cut who uswed to do an Indian War Dance in the ring. I can't remeber the name he used but I doubt he had ever been to Canada, never mind being a Mohican Warrior.

And don't forget that Jimmt Saville was also a wrestler at one time. I don't remember it myself but I have herd him speak of it and that he decided to have his hair died Tartan at one stage. Now that would have been worth seeing.