PDA

View Full Version : i got id'd

bobbyrussell09
23-Feb-10, 15:01
Was staying in inverness on friday an saturday night for a wee break ,an on the friday night me an the oh thought we would go to wetherspoons for some food .Now usually we get a drink then get a meal ,but to my horror (which i am laughing about now ) i get id'd .i was like i dont have any i am 26 ,but to be fair if anyone said that how many underagers would get served,so i wasnt having a meal with a soft drink ,so we left.The more i thought about it i know there is a think 21 thing for pubs ,supermarkets etc,but i dont even look 21 .I look older lol.so needless to say we had a great nite elsewhere in a place called the room an then on to the city bar

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Feb-10, 15:06
There ye were telling me that ye thought ye were getting auld.:lol:Just shows that yer no.My hairstyle is my ID,hivnae been questioned since circa 1993 in Thirsa.[lol]

bobbyrussell09
23-Feb-10, 15:10
well am no wanting that sort of id cedric

Vistravi
23-Feb-10, 15:29
I often get told i look 15 :eek: I know i look younger than my age but i was shocked at 15 :lol:

Bazeye
23-Feb-10, 15:55
Last saturday night i was out with my brother and nephew. when we got to a pub i told them to go in and get the round in as i was smoking a cigarette. There were about a dozen people outside doing the same, including two lads stood next to me who were smoking a joint. A couple of minutes later about half a dozen Police with a sniffer dog appeared walking towards were we were standing so the two lads who were smoking the joint stubbed it out and walked into the very crowded pub. Guess who the sniffer dog took a shine to? Yup, me. I was searched on the doorstep of the pub and my details were taken, all in all lasting about 15 minutes, while all the time there must have been at least a hundred people who were going in and out of the pub or just walking past watching me getting searched.The search was negative and the Police issued me with some sort of ticket stating that I had been searched. to make matters worse after the Police left the bouncer wouldnt let me in and when my brother and nephew came outside to see why I was taking so long they got turfed out as well. meanwhile the two miscreants were inside enjoyig their pints.

ShelleyCowie
23-Feb-10, 16:25
hahahaha you got ID'd! hahahahahahahahahaha! thats the best thing iv heard in months!!

I hate getting ID'd. Its used to be the coop that ID'd me the whole time for fags. Then i got accused that my ID was fake! [evil] It was a bloomin provisional licence.

Obviously yes they have to do it if you look too young. But alot of people still dont have ID because they think they dont need it. :confused

balto
23-Feb-10, 16:27
the rule is now think 25.

ClachanHope
23-Feb-10, 17:26
Last saturday night i was out with my brother and nephew. when we got to a pub i told them to go in and get the round in as i was smoking a cigarette. There were about a dozen people outside doing the same, including two lads stood next to me who were smoking a joint. A couple of minutes later about half a dozen Police with a sniffer dog appeared walking towards were we were standing so the two lads who were smoking the joint stubbed it out and walked into the very crowded pub. Guess who the sniffer dog took a shine to? Yup, me. I was searched on the doorstep of the pub and my details were taken, all in all lasting about 15 minutes, while all the time there must have been at least a hundred people who were going in and out of the pub or just walking past watching me getting searched.The search was negative and the Police issued me with some sort of ticket stating that I had been searched. to make matters worse after the Police left the bouncer wouldnt let me in and when my brother and nephew came outside to see why I was taking so long they got turfed out as well. meanwhile the two miscreants were inside enjoyig their pints.

Think this should go on the "rant" section.!!! I'd be mad if that happened to me. The sniffer dog should have gone inside and had a sniff about.!! the miscreants know who they are and I hope they are ashamed of themselves. Why did your brother & nephew get turfed out....????

But on a happier note, I'd be delighted if I was Id'd....lol but at over the hill age I think I'm wishful thinking. :lol:

Thumper
23-Feb-10, 17:32
Last time I got ID'd was when I was 31 I was well chuffed I can tell ya ;) mind you it soon wore off when the very next day i was asked if my mate was my daughter :eek: x

Ash87
23-Feb-10, 21:22
Last week my friend (who is 25!) got ID'd whilst buying a bottle of nail varnish remover??? I didnt even know there was an age restriction on that! I found it highly amusing!! :) She... not so much! hehe :)

joxville
24-Feb-10, 00:32
.My hairstyle is my ID,hivnae been questioned since circa 1993 in Thirsa.

You and me both mate, you and me both. :roll: :(

Flashman
24-Feb-10, 13:48
Was staying in inverness on friday an saturday night for a wee break ,an on the friday night me an the oh thought we would go to wetherspoons for some food .Now usually we get a drink then get a meal ,but to my horror (which i am laughing about now ) i get id'd .i was like i dont have any i am 26 ,but to be fair if anyone said that how many underagers would get served,so i wasnt having a meal with a soft drink ,so we left.The more i thought about it i know there is a think 21 thing for pubs ,supermarkets etc,but i dont even look 21 .I look older lol.so needless to say we had a great nite elsewhere in a place called the room an then on to the city bar

Well the moral of this little story is get yourself some ID

Anyway it serves you right for taking your other half to Weatherspoons for a cheapo meal instead of somewhere nice with proper food......bloody cheapskate!!! :lol:

Bazeye
24-Feb-10, 14:55
Think this should go on the "rant" section.!!! I'd be mad if that happened to me. The sniffer dog should have gone inside and had a sniff about.!! the miscreants know who they are and I hope they are ashamed of themselves. Why did your brother & nephew get turfed out....????

But on a happier note, I'd be delighted if I was Id'd....lol but at over the hill age I think I'm wishful thinking. :lol:
They got turfed out when they said they were with me. The (female) bouncer just didnt want to know. i guess the police didnt go into the pub because it was absolutely heaving inside and to be fair to the stoners i dont think they realised what was going on outside. Im 49 btw. Mind you if the sniffer dog had taken a shine to me the week before......;)

bish667
24-Feb-10, 15:02
I'm 27 and get ID'd now and again, usually its from older ladies :roll:

Think its mostly cos of my height but my lack of hair should indicate I am nowhere close to being under 18 lol.

I just have my photo driving license on me just incase but it's a bit annoying. But on an upside its hilarius to see their reaction when they realise my age :lol:

The Angel Of Death
24-Feb-10, 17:09
Must be your young boyish good looks chap ;)

Serenity
24-Feb-10, 17:11
I mostly dislike the co-op. I know it is their policy but some of the assitants know who I am and have seen my ID goodness knows how many times now. Why I am still asked for it everytime I don't know lol.
I'm near the age of the OP and am still ID'd everywhere, although in shops other than the co-op where the assistant knows me they employ common sense.

Flashman
24-Feb-10, 17:13
Must be your young boyish good looks chap ;)

Maybe he just was not good enough for the Inverness Spoons. ;)

StacNKel
24-Feb-10, 18:49
I am 26 and get ID'd a lot when buying fags and when out for a drink. I suppose its flattering...... as long as i have my ID with me haha

bobbyrussell09
24-Feb-10, 19:56
Maybe he just was not good enough for the Inverness Spoons. ;)
i dare say am not,but hey who cares i had a better night not in it

The Angel Of Death
24-Feb-10, 19:59
i dare say am not,but hey who cares i had a better night not in it

That be blasphemy there chap if anyone from spoons sees that there will be no more curry's for you

Your tap will be stopped ;)

bluelady3
24-Feb-10, 20:04
Well the moral of this little story is get yourself some ID

Anyway it serves you right for taking your other half to Weatherspoons for a cheapo meal instead of somewhere nice with proper food......bloody cheapskate!!! :lol:

After spending a weekend in a posh hotel with nouvelle cuisine I would be grateful for Weatherspoon's meal

bluelady3
24-Feb-10, 20:09
Anyway it serves you right for taking your other half to Weatherspoons for a cheapo meal instead of somewhere nice with proper food......bloody cheapskate!!!

After spending weekend in a posh hotel with Nouvelle cuisine I would be grateful for Weatherspoons meal

George Brims
25-Feb-10, 00:02
Getting "carded" as they call it over here is a dim memory for me, though I am now at the other end of the scale - proving I am old enough for senior discount! You can get cheap food in some places at 55 over here.

I well remember the first time I was asked for proof of age by two coppers in the public bar of the Rosebank in Wick. They walked in, looked at the group of us sitting with our newly poured pints, and took me outside. I produced my driving licence, which showed I was 18 - exactly 18, that very day! Strangely, when we went back in, I had a table and five pints all to myself. They saw the funny side and pointed out it didn't matter they hadn't caught me out, they had still stopped some underage drinking.

Buttercup
25-Feb-10, 00:40
the rule is now think 25.

Depending on the establishment, there are various "Thinks" ie "think 21","think 25" and even "think 30". The reasoning for the higher ones are if there's a lot of underage drinking in the area it is more difficult for underagers to pass themselves of as 18 therefore the shop assistant/bar person etc have to ask for ID.