PDA

View Full Version : Movie Remakes

retrodj
23-Feb-10, 11:28
With so many 80's films being remade currently, what does everyone think? are they a good idea to let new generations enjoy films we enjoyed in our youth or are they just an easy way to make some extra cash for the studios.
What films should never be remade and which films would benefit from a new perspective?

They should definitely never remake back to the future.

youoldduffer
23-Feb-10, 11:43
are they a good idea to let new generations enjoy films we enjoyed in our youth or are they just an easy way to make some extra cash for the studios.

I think your right on both counts, Of course their money spinners Because we'll go and see them aswell. But can you imagine showing a youth a old version of a Bela Lugosi film they would be wondering where all the blood and special effects were:).

retrodj
24-Mar-10, 09:59
Ive now heard they are remaking police academy.. :confused

youoldduffer
24-Mar-10, 11:44
Yer heard that on here,

http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog/2010/3/5/remakes-police-academy-honey-i-shrunk-the-kids.html

Film's like clash of the titans yes, but god no to police academy there were enough sequels to ruin what was a funny film first two.

bettedaviseyes
25-Mar-10, 23:24
i HATE these's remake films [disgust] can never beat the classics grrrrrr[evil]

bobbyrussell09
26-Mar-10, 18:02
although i cant think at this moment what ones ,but there have been remakes better than originals,although still unsure bout the a team remake