PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day

Sporran
13-May-06, 10:57
Here's wishing a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow to all mums in the USA, Canada, Australia and Germany - and anywhere else that it's celebrated on the second Sunday in May! Hope your day is nice and relaxing. :)

I will be taking the day off work and spending it with my husband and sons. We're all history buffs in this household, and will be visiting a nearby place of historical interest. Hope the weather's still nice! :cool:

krieve
13-May-06, 11:33
Have a nice day with your family Sporran. Happy mothers day!

canuck
13-May-06, 14:50
Thanks Sporran. I'm looking forward to a peaceful day.

zebedy
13-May-06, 15:32
when is mothers day ere btw? :eek:

Buttercup
13-May-06, 15:37
when is mothers day ere btw? :eek:
You're a wee bit late zebedy - it was in March! Father's Day is 18th June though.

rockchick
14-May-06, 15:06
oops...ignore t

Sandra_B
14-May-06, 19:34
Happy Mothers' Day!!

I hope you're getting spoiled rotten.

Sporran
15-May-06, 16:23
Well I certainly did, Sandra_B, and I hope you did too! :D

Hubby cooked breakfast, and my sons each gave me a Mother's Day teddy bear, and a funny card. My husband also gave me a lovely Bohemian crystal candy dish, but no candy. (Never mind, I don't need the calories, and am going to use it to hold potpourri instead, lol!)

We went on the day trip as planned, and enjoyed the museum and historical site. Despite having had beautiful weather previously, it started to storm on the way there - thunder and lighning, the whole bit! :eek: Amazingly, it had changed completely by the time we came out of the museum. We were able to enjoy the outdoor tour basked in sunshine, enveloped with a gentle spring breeze.

Afterwards, we had an early diinner at a restaurant in the vicinity, before returning home. The meal was delicious, and the waiter handed me a long stemmed rose as we departed. A nice gesture for Mother's Day, I thought.

The weather proceeded to storm again on the way home, and the power went off not long after we entered the house. But that's alright, I was ready for a wee snooze anyway, lol! By the time I woke up, the electricity was back on, just in time for watching my favourite Sunday night TV programme!