PDA

View Full Version : Reputation query

bekisman
22-Feb-10, 19:39
Anyone clear this up (I am old), but just got a blue rep point, tried to find out what it meant and in Q&A says this:

'Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation'..

What's that in English?

S&LHEN
22-Feb-10, 20:04
Mmmm dont have a clue only just discovered about repuatation a few months ago and still dont know how it all works so your not alone :confused

unicorn
22-Feb-10, 20:15
It means they don't have enough rep to actually give rep points. It does mean though that you can't tell whether it was good or bad .

LMS
22-Feb-10, 20:16
So how many points are needed by person A in order for person A to give rep to person B?

unicorn
22-Feb-10, 20:22
No idea, I assume you start off with few or none and it has to build up before you are able to affect other peoples points.
I do remember receiving a blue one with a dodgy comment once but as it was blue I had no idea if it was meant as good or bad rep.

bekisman
22-Feb-10, 20:31
No idea, I assume you start off with few or none and it has to build up before you are able to affect other peoples points.
I do remember receiving a blue one with a dodgy comment once but as it was blue I had no idea if it was meant as good or bad rep.

Well the Blue one I had, had no comment:confused

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Feb-10, 21:09
Well the Blue one I had, had no comment:confused

It wisnae red bekisman,means the poster that gave ye it liked yer post.

Niall Fernie
22-Feb-10, 21:23
Every new member starts with 10 rep points and without going digging I think you need 30 points before you can affect another users rep. Beyond that, as has been posted, the more points a user has, the more affect they can have by giving rep to another user.

Again, from memory, if you give rep to one user, you need to give rep to at least 20 or 30 different people before you can give the first user rep again.

bekisman
22-Feb-10, 23:38
Thanks for that folks, understand now...