PDA

View Full Version : Fishing

Kenn
22-Mar-04, 02:55
I was reading with interest the latest research on cod stocks and although this is just an advosiry document was seriously dismayed by the fact that it could reduce even further the remnants of the fishing fleet around the UK.I have found myself faced with a serious dilemma,whilst I love fish,I have conscientiously not bought any for some time with a thought to the depleted stocks.However coming from a fishing port I have divied loyalties not wanting to see even more trawlers/fishing boats laid up/decommishioned and the men who have the bravery to go to sea thrown onto yet another heap of the unemployed.Maybe some one has an answer to this enigma..but maybe,just maybe some one in Whitehall might have the courage to say that UK waters belong to the UK and that NO foreign vessels will be licencsed here.But then again I may have just had a dream that at some point the politicians will actually stand by the people of these islands.

golach
22-Mar-04, 12:07
Lizz,
Dream on, Dream on
Golach

AR
23-Mar-04, 20:01
Great idea, BRITISH WATERS for BRTISH FISHERMEN only, pity Tony"spineless"Blair finds it more important to do kiss the europeans a*s* and let them do as they wish, doesnt seam to work the other way round,( beef anyone?) enough said?

Kenn
26-Mar-04, 23:16
Did any one else hear the remark by Alex Salmon?

"Colonel Gadafi knows more about fishing in Scotland than the whole of Westminster!"

Well that just about sums things up don't it folks.

JAWS
27-Mar-04, 01:04
Don't be fooled! There are no mistakes, Westminster knows exactly what it is doing.

Destroy the Fishing Fleet and who do we have to get fish from?

Destroy Beef production (BSE scares, then Foot and Mouth being allowed to get out of control) and where do we have to get Beef from?

GM Crops whether you like it or not! (EU rules allegedly say you have to have them)

Attempts to bounce us into the Euro! (Failed)

And when we are almost totally reliant on the EU for food just remember -

Madam et Monseur, ve av vays ov making you good little Europeans!

Sorry folks, but I fear you may well have to say goodbye to fishing in Scotland.