PDA

View Full Version : Solicitors

spaceddaisy
22-Feb-10, 19:24
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a recommendation for a solicitor to carry out conveyancing on a house, I'm in Thurso so would prefer one with a branch in Thurso but I'm not sure who to go with. Any help, suggestions or advice would be warmly welcomed.

spaceddaisy
11-Mar-10, 17:47
Anyone used Greenfox? I'm desperate for advice as I'm a first time buyer and not from the area at all...

LMS
11-Mar-10, 18:36
Providing it is a straightforward purchase, Young, Robertson & Co are very good and reasonably priced. Can't comment on any others.

cazmanian_minx
11-Mar-10, 20:40
Jane and Flora at Young Robertson did our conveyancing and were brilliant - we were moving up from the south east, everything was done by phone, post and email.

spaceddaisy
11-Mar-10, 21:37
Thanks very much, I really appreciate this.

Anfield
12-Mar-10, 14:03
You would be better of, both financially and service wise, by using one from Inverness or other large city

laguna2
12-Mar-10, 14:04
You would be better of, both financially and service wise, by using one from Inverness or other large city

Have to agree with you there Anfield! We learned the hard way!

Scarybiscuits03
12-Mar-10, 14:19
I used a city solicitor to buy my house and I wouldn't recommend it, everything took twice as long as normal due to snail mail. I recently used Young & Robertson to buy some land and they handled the job quickly.

Anfield
12-Mar-10, 15:02
I used a city solicitor to buy my house and I wouldn't recommend it, everything took twice as long as normal due to snail mail. I recently used Young & Robertson to buy some land and they handled the job quickly.

Granted that some forms have to sent by post for signing, it does not significantly slow process down. What is 2 days extra in a 6/8 week process

Scunner
12-Mar-10, 17:41
Anywhere but Caithness - too many mistakes, was my experience

colingel
12-Mar-10, 18:33
My experience 2 solicitors in caithness lost paperwork between them.Offices must be nearly 40 yds apart!!!! Made 6 week proccess 6 months

Invisible
12-Mar-10, 19:58
Highland Law Practice in Wick could help you, but if you prefer Thurso try Young Robertson's

Scarybiscuits03
15-Mar-10, 19:39
Granted that some forms have to sent by post for signing, it does not significantly slow process down. What is 2 days extra in a 6/8 week process

Well I'd have to disagree as I dealt with different solicitors in the city on buying my last 2 houses and on both occassions everything ran ridiculously slowly. They didn't complete on time due to snail mail causing problems (luckily we had keys cut for the houses and managed to move our stuff in anyways otherwise we'd have had to put into storage and couldn't get it back for a month!)
For this reason I would deal with a local solicitor so you can be at the office to get everything signed off rather than relying on the mail and bad weather!!

Commore
15-Mar-10, 19:40
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a recommendation for a solicitor to carry out conveyancing on a house, I'm in Thurso so would prefer one with a branch in Thurso but I'm not sure who to go with. Any help, suggestions or advice would be warmly welcomed.

Georgesons, the best

viking
15-Mar-10, 22:35
Inverness every time - small community here so best to keep private matters private.