PDA

View Full Version : Calor gas bulk supply

bekisman
22-Feb-10, 10:29
Anyone else in the Highlands on Calor? be interested to know what price they are paying.. Thanks

scotsman1
22-Feb-10, 13:36
39p per ltr, not sure is that good or bad at current rates.

Shabbychic
22-Feb-10, 14:03
39p per ltr, not sure is that good or bad at current rates.

I am paying 0.424 per litre (excluding vat). Where are you scotsman1, because you seem to be getting a real bargain compared to me?

Cattach
22-Feb-10, 16:04
Anyone else in the Highlands on Calor? be interested to know what price they are paying.. Thanks

Changed to oil and found it much cheaper even at today's high oil prices. When you compare calorific values and price oil is more economic and you can shop around. hat said when on Calor Gas I often phone made threats about changing and negotiated a price - nearly always manged to get them to drop the price.

bekisman
22-Feb-10, 18:28
Changed to oil and found it much cheaper even at today's high oil prices. When you compare calorific values and price oil is more economic and you can shop around. hat said when on Calor Gas I often phone made threats about changing and negotiated a price - nearly always manged to get them to drop the price.

Thanks for that, but never been on Calor - always on Oil. Doing this on behalf of a friend. They have had a very bad service from Calor. typical: phoned up on Monday last, to order, order accepted. Rang today to ask what was going on, told had not received the order!.. the friend said it was very urgent (personal reasons) told would 'be out today' now 5.30pm; nothing.

So knowing that since last year Bulk Gas is open to market, thought would try and discover average price up here to try and 'juice' Calor up, i.e. better deal or...

Billy Boy
22-Feb-10, 18:56
Our last fill up in November it was 38.90 a litre

bekisman
23-Feb-10, 09:13
Thanks folks for the info (and for the PM's) Calor did not - as promised - come out yesterday, hopefully they will get their bums in to gear and be out later today (we hope!)

We're armed with a variety of prices per litre now...

fender
23-Feb-10, 19:48
I'm in Wick I'm paying 42.4

bekisman
23-Feb-10, 19:49
Thanks Fender. Calor still not been, says 'will come tomorrow' - we will see..

Stefan
23-Feb-10, 22:03
Price went up from 0.389 to 0.424 in December.

onecalledk
23-Feb-10, 22:57
hmmm strange about Calor, other half phoned yesterday to order and was told later that day, end of today and still nothing ! do they wait til they have quite a few then deliver ?????!

K

Shabbychic
24-Feb-10, 01:34
Well after 3 phone calls, and almost running on air, we finally had a delivery today. Hopefully those of you waiting will get your delivery soon. :)

onecalledk
24-Feb-10, 10:18
just phoned to enquiry why no delivery for last 2 days and was told it would be today "weather permitting"..... nothing wrong with the roads between here and inverness, came back up by road last night and it was a lovely journey!!!!!!

perhaps they forgot about us ......

brrrrrrrr

K

bekisman
24-Feb-10, 20:16
Well Calor has just arived (19.14) - better late than never in spite of their promises! - being this late, others might be in with a chance..
And, it seems he's in the Wick/Thurso area tomorrow..