PDA

View Full Version : Photography

souperman
12-May-06, 22:17
Is it just me or would anyone else prefer the photography section the way it was? just one big album, it was good just to flick through the pages not knowing what was coming next, I get the feeling that the splitting of subjects could get more and more, if it is just me, ignore these ramblings.

footie chick
12-May-06, 22:20
I must admit I agree with you different sections I dont tend to go into not sure that its better?:confused

candyfloss
12-May-06, 22:30
Liked it better the old way too, it was fine with the animals section and another one for everything else,like souperman says its just going to get bigger and bigger:eek:

angela5
12-May-06, 22:33
I agree souperman it was better all in the one thread.

ice box
12-May-06, 22:45
yes better the old way coz you never now what was going to be next (ie) animal, place, sunset . but what can we do . just have to go a long with eveyone else

krieve
12-May-06, 22:53
I agree also i prefer it all on the one thread.

highlander
12-May-06, 23:08
I totally agree with u souperman, its getting more difficult to know which thread to put photos on, at least with the old way, you knew which ones you had looked at.

willowbankbear
12-May-06, 23:11
Im interested in ships boats harbours, animals but not flowers so its not too bad in my opinion & I take a few photo`s now

darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
13-May-06, 06:43
I totally agree with u souperman, its getting more difficult to know which thread to put photos on, at least with the old way, you knew which ones you had looked at.I'm with the highlander,I have a few photos I'de like to post but finding where to post them is getting harder,the threads are scattered I like the one place http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

phoenix
13-May-06, 16:56
I preferred the one photography thread as well........it was simpler and more enjoyable! Its now become rigid and regimental, dont like it much! :confused

golach
13-May-06, 19:20
I like the album as it is now in sections, I then can decide what I want to see, without having to trawl through the ones that dont interest me, dont get me wrong the photos are GOOD, every one of them,

fred
13-May-06, 22:41
Is it just me or would anyone else prefer the photography section the way it was? just one big album, it was good just to flick through the pages not knowing what was coming next, I get the feeling that the splitting of subjects could get more and more, if it is just me, ignore these ramblings.

I prefer it in threads, you can look at the things which interest you without having to wade through the things which don't.

I think we should also consider those who don't have broadband, there is a great deal of waste of time and sometimes money for someone to download pictures which don't interest them. Some pictures are over 900kB, that's a lot of download on a 56k dialup if it's a picture of something you wern't interested in anyway.

highlander
13-May-06, 23:29
Point taken fred, i forgot how annoying it was when we were on dial-up.

Jeid
14-May-06, 01:20
I dunno if Niall or Bill can confirm this, but on another messageboard I visit, they have member galleries. Perhaps this could be used here?

souperman
14-May-06, 10:21
I prefer it in threads, you can look at the things which interest you without having to wade through the things which don't.

I think we should also consider those who don't have broadband, there is a great deal of waste of time and sometimes money for someone to download pictures which don't interest them. Some pictures are over 900kB, that's a lot of download on a 56k dialup if it's a picture of something you wern't interested in anyway.

Excellent point Fred, I must admit that I now take broadband for granted but remember well wanting to throw the computer across the room whilst waiting for something to download on dial up.

Niall Fernie
15-May-06, 09:23
I'm sure the photography FORUM was created as a place for people to post their photos, If you wish to continue posting under one thread then what is the point of having a forum? If you really want, I can just lump all the photos in that forum back onto one thread, move the thread back into "general" and dump the photography forum.

Fred's point is not just for people without broadband.

darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
15-May-06, 09:55
I'm sure the photography FORUM was created as a place for people to post their photos, If you wish to continue posting under one thread then what is the point of having a forum? If you really want, I can just lump all the photos in that forum back onto one thread, move the thread back into "general" and dump the photography forum.

Fred's point is not just for people without broadband.Dont dump the photo forum now Niall,you just fixed me up in here and 2little2late has got me firing now,once everyone gets used to the new setup things will be OK,keep up the good work http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon6.gif

2little2late
15-May-06, 22:23
I like the photo forum as it is. It's good that photos can be placed in categories rather than placed on one thread. Please let's keep it as it is.