PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Air

sjr014
21-Feb-10, 21:24
Just planing a weekend in Dublin with my pals and Ryain air is coming up cheapest for flights have never used them before would welcome some feedback from folks that have?

Thanks in advance!

pottheed
21-Feb-10, 21:37
you get what you pay for, u get a cheap flight that gets you where you are going, the staff are usually stressed and unhelpful trying to flog you overpriced sandwich's and drinks.

worth it in my opinion :)

bekisman
21-Feb-10, 21:39
Ryanair, might be cheapest on web page, but add all incidentals and ends up expensive.. few comments: http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/ryan.htm

We've been on Easyjet, Jet2.com, (and German wings, Berlin Air etc) and Ryanair were by far the worst with hidden charges and customer service

bekisman
21-Feb-10, 21:49
A very good source of info: http://www.itravelnet.com/transport/lowcostairlines/europe.html

Phill
21-Feb-10, 21:49
Cheap n cheerful!
Does what it says on the tin an' all that.

Unless you do want to start buying stuff on board and then you'll get yer arse felt, but that is no surprise or secret.
Some good deals if you book in advance but be wary of baggage limits (this applies to almost all operators these days).

sjr014
21-Feb-10, 21:55
Some good deals if you book in advance but be wary of baggage limits (this applies to almost all operators these days).

Yeah most of the online booking gives you the basic price then you get stung for baggage! Goin til give them a go i reckon 40 quid return flight and 15quid for a 15kg bag so ats no bad.

mike.mckenzie
21-Feb-10, 22:09
Cheap I would say, cheerful definitely not. I have used them to fly to Rome, Brussels, Venice and Berlin and have found them to be hectic, poorly organised and really stressful. The airports are generally little ones up to 40 miles out of the place you're paying to get to (Charleroi for Brussels - 40 miles away) and are really badly equipped for the amount of people Ryanair bring to them.

That said, you should be ok for Dublin, its only got the one airport. Rome was miles out, €90 cab fare.

Like everyone says, its the additions that are the pain - £20 per bag in the hold being the big one. Make sure you check in online as well. Extra if you don't.

EDDIE
21-Feb-10, 23:43
Just planing a weekend in Dublin with my pals and Ryain air is coming up cheapest for flights have never used them before would welcome some feedback from folks that have?

Thanks in advance!

The flights is the cheapest thing about going to dublin ireland is an expensive place to go so i would bring a we bit more spending money if i was you.You could probably go to amsterdam for the same price you can have a lot of fun in amsterdam there is plenty to see and do lol

Julia
22-Feb-10, 11:10
I have boareded the 'flying bus' a few times and it's just fine, no frills, clean, never been pestered to buy anything, staff just as pleasant as BA etc.. It's a bit of a free-for-all finding a seat, reminds me a bit of a school trip now I come to think about it! :lol:

shamrock2007
22-Feb-10, 11:41
Flew to Dublin from Aberdeen back in October 2005 with Ryanair they were fine, its not a long flight so you don't need to buy anything. Have been pricing to go back again!

Jeid
22-Feb-10, 11:49
I flew with Ryan Scare to Poland a couple of years ago. It was no worse than taking the bus tbh. I just wanted to get there as cheaply as possible. It did the job.

davem
22-Feb-10, 12:05
The online check in is a biggie.
If you turn up at the airport not having checked in online they charge £40 per person.
£120 for three my daughter was charged, all of a sudden your cheap flight isn't!
Hard sometimes to get to an internet cafe when you are away too, check it out so you can check in on the way back.
If you complain they have 2 people in the complaints department, it won't get far.